• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
applemobile

Brown Connector

applemobile

i recenty got my saxo 1.6 16v engine running after rebuilding the head. i took it apart 8 months ago, and my memory aint that good. on the thermostat housing there are iirc 3 plugs. blue, green and brown? i found nothing to connect back to the brown one (the one on the very bottom) i just thought it could be spare. now the engine overheats and teh fan doesnt cut in, is this related? should there be something conected to it?

also i cant get the rocker covers to stop leaking, been told thats common, any suggestions?

swordfish210

Fit a new genuine Citroen gasket to get the rocker cover to stop leaking. Just have a hunt around for anything to plug the brown connector to within it's reach

Jrod

Have got got the spacers in under the rocker cover? If so make sure they are seated in the right place as they can actually hold the cover up.

Gregg

The brown sensor is for cars fitted with aircon so not needed in your case and not related to the cooling fan. I'd investigate the fan, it's controlled using a sensor in the back of the radiator on Saxo's, seen these fail before.

The rocker covers have an integral seal on the 16v, a good RTV sealant usually does the job and is cheaper than new rocker covers!

Sign in to follow this