• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Automatic Adjusters

Rob Turbo

After I had the drums off the back of the 1.6 to get the old handbrake cables out I couldn't see how they could adjust, theres a threaded adjuster with a ratchet type nut on, but there's nothing to turn it, on vauxhalls there's a metal arm that turns the nut when the brakes are applied, but there's nothing of the sort in the 205 drums, is there something missing or is there no automatic adjustment?

I've checked the 309 brakes and they are the same, also, on service box there doesn't appear to be any adjustment parts!

Baz

There should be a little plate arm that works the teeth on the nut on the threaded part to adjust, tbh if they're not maintained well or someone doesn't know what they're doing they're useless and don't 'adjust' as they should, at least if they are there!

Pugnut

not exactly the same but not far away. a quick google image search threw up this .

drum-brake8.jpg

Sign in to follow this