• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kate205gti

Oil Pressure Sender On Gti6 Engine?

kate205gti

polite answers please :P

i have one of these

dsc02972vs5.jpg

i have a sensor in this hole already

dsc02969nz8.jpg

so where do i stick this one? :P

found a painted over hole with a sump plug key in?

dsc02967ju7.jpg

couldnt see any other obvious places thou :)

dsc02968fj5.jpg

cheers :D

Edited by kate205gti

Peetypug

is it to get the 205 gauge to work?

i've read that you need a T piece that screws into the sensor on the left below the inlet manifold, then you can use the oil temp and pressure gauges in one hole

i'm gob smacked :P dirty hands and long nails

never seen that before :)

will have a look for the pic and topic in a min if nobody else can tell you

tom_m

yup, this one should be an oil gallery under pressure

dsc02967ju7.jpg

Peetypug

this is the sort of thing i was told to use

cant remember who told me though :)

T piece on ebay

other than that try this

taken from another topic

12. This is so ovious I cant believe I overlooked it on the first conversion. Look at the location of both sensors on an s16 block, the location is there also on the gti6 block, it just has a bung in it that can be undone with a gearbox drainage tool. Use an s16 pressure sensor for the gauge and you are laughing.

hth

welshpug

strange one that, my GTi6 engine has a sensor in the pictured bunged hole

Bakes100

Does the Xsara Vts have an oil pressure guage?? may be a block from one of them, just a thought.

The phase 1 Gti6 oil pressure sensor will work iirc, someone correct me if im wrong though.

Also the phase 2/3 dont have an oil pressure guage, it is replaced with an oil temperature one :)

Edited by Bakes100

tom_m

i've seen 6s with a stop light sender in both holes, usual french method of first thing to hand for the parts bin that fits :)

Super Josh

Depends on whether the engine was from a phase 1 or 2 car :)

Josh

welshpug

phase 2!

Alastairh

Look through your old pms on FSC Kate from when i explained with that XSI engine.

Facing the front of the block. The end nearest the altenator just below the engine mount is the Oil pressure gauge, and on the opposite end nearer the flywheel is the oil pressure gauge light.

And yes they do vary between Phase's.

Al

kate205gti
dirty hands and long nails

never seen that before :)

:P theyre useful for hooking washers - i did a guide on replacing rear beam and brakes and more ppl commented on my nails tham the guide!

http://img343.imageshack.us/img343/92/pic310yh.jpg

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8880/pic113wj.jpg

yup, this one should be an oil gallery under pressure

yay :D luv u :P

this is the sort of thing i was told to use

cant remember who told me though :(

T piece on ebay

other than that try this

taken from another topic

12. This is so ovious I cant believe I overlooked it on the first conversion. Look at the location of both sensors on an s16 block, the location is there also on the gti6 block, it just has a bung in it that can be undone with a gearbox drainage tool. Use an s16 pressure sensor for the gauge and you are laughing.

hth

cheers :D i had one of those before and mushed it

dsc02813va5.jpg

but it leaked like a sieve (hence being mushed!) so im keen to use the Phase1 sensor!

kate205gti
Look through your old pms on FSC Kate from when i explained with that XSI engine.

Facing the front of the block. The end nearest the altenator just below the engine mount is the Oil pressure gauge, and on the opposite end nearer the flywheel is the oil pressure gauge light.

And yes they do vary between Phase's.

Al

so i need to swap them over?? :P i need pics :)

All Praise The GTI

i keep having this conversation with people. and ive said the same thing. ive looked at a few 6 engines now and my vts one and they all have different things in different holes. mine has a thing in every hole too! :D like said i think the french just shove anything in the holes to block them!

my gauges didnt work anyway so ive fitted after market ones which are more accurate anyway :blush:

jonnie205

unscrew the oil pressure light switch on left of block and screw oil pressure switch in, job done

maxi

Are you sure thats the right way around Al???? Would you like to think again or are you happy posting that suggestion as gospel? Does it even matter which way around the 2 sensors go as long as they see the oil pressure in the main gallery??? Food for thought maybe??

Earlier gti6's had an oil pressure gauge hence some have 2 sensors. Some have the blanking plug as shown in the earlier photo which needs to be unscrewed and whichever sensor Al tells you to screw in, screw in there, if you think hes right......? I personally think this forum is just turning to bollocks where way too many inaccurate things are being posted.

205guessingdrivers.com Will have the answer...or 205driversrepostinaccuratebollocks.com and if all that fails..... 205driversoncereadsomethingsomewhereaboutsomethingbutarentactuallysuresothoughtt

eywouldpostanyway.com

Dont use a T piece, no need.

Maxi

taylorspug

There really is no need for T-pieces, there are more than enough holes in the block for everything. The oil temp should go in the sump, if its being put in a t-piece as suggested earlier then thats a bit silly as you will have to bung the hole in the sump for where the sensor is meant to go as standard! Or get a lower model sump with no oil temp takeoff.

Ive got oil pressure light in the left hand hole, and the guage in the right. No T-pieces, no messing about, all works perfectly. :blush:

Alastairh
Are you sure thats the right way around Al???? Would you like to think again or are you happy posting that suggestion as gospel? Does it even matter which way around the 2 sensors go as long as they see the oil pressure in the main gallery??? Food for thought maybe??

Earlier gti6's had an oil pressure gauge hence some have 2 sensors. Some have the blanking plug as shown in the earlier photo which needs to be unscrewed and whichever sensor Al tells you to screw in, screw in there, if you think hes right......? I personally think this forum is just turning to bollocks where way too many inaccurate things are being posted.

205guessingdrivers.com Will have the answer...or 205driversrepostinaccuratebollocks.com and if all that fails..... 205driversoncereadsomethingsomewhereaboutsomethingbutarentactuallysuresothoughtt

eywouldpostanyway.com

Dont use a T piece, no need.

Maxi

Of course they can go in either hole, but i was just passing on from how peugeot put there cars together and how i undone there sensors from their engines, even in scrap yards for mates.

Next time i won't bother.

Edited by Alastairh

maxi
Of course they can go in either hole, but i was just passing on from how peugeot put there cars together and how i undone there sensors from their engines, even in scrap yards for mates.

Next time i won't bother.

Wasnt trying to have a go at you directly/personally. Come on though Al, posting information clearly showing there is an orientation is a bit misleading when you know as well as I do that the sensors are located in either hole for no rhyme or reason. May sound like im being podantic but I see this going on all the time on different levels throughout the forum.

Apologies for any offence caused mate.

Maxi

tom_m
so i need to swap them over?? ;) i need pics :)

no you don't kate, just unscrew the blank and screw the sender in. job done

kate205gti

so in the words of someone.. it can go in either hole? :);)

Anthony
so in the words of someone.. it can go in either hole? ;):P

"If it fits, screw it in" :)

Basically, yes - both holes see oil pressure and hence it doesn't really matter which one has the oil pressure gauge sender and which has the low pressure switch as they've both got the same thread on a XU10 engine. I'm pretty sure I made the sensor wiring on your loom long enough to reach whichever way around you put the sensors too, in a rare moment of foresight from me...

kate205gti

woop ;) thankyoo :P

now just need to get the sump key out.. why did i paint it in :)

CaptainK
unscrew the oil pressure light switch on left of block and screw oil pressure switch in, job done

Which way round are mine set up Jonnie? I've noticed the oil temp gauge doesn't do anything. Not that I care really, but it'd be nice to know. :)

tom_m
"If it fits, screw in it" :)

:D

jonnie205

your pressure gauge is located in the left hand port on block. Oil temp is in the sump, your sensor could be faulty or wire come off perhaps.

Sign in to follow this