• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gtiracer

8v Map On A 16v?

Gtiracer

I've bought a second hand ECU to fit to my throttle bodies on my Mi16 when all wired up, but currently loaded onto the ECU is a Map for cookiemonster's old 1.9 8v engine he had. Now my question is would a base map be better for first start up, or do you think it would be better configured if i just use what is on there to start with, or will it be completely unsuitable?

cheers

Edited by Gtiracer

Baz

Base map would be alot better!! Someone may have one you could use, what's the EMS?

Gtiracer

its a Lumenition C400 unit, not the most popular no doubt but still alright

Tom Fenton

I reckon that the map on there will be close enough for initial start up. I would advise against driving it though until its been setup properly.

Gtiracer

I can find it easy enough to get a base map no hassle, just wondered which would be better as i have the choice

pug_ham

Get the 16v map, no contest.

Graham.

Gtiracer
Get the 16v map, no contest.

Graham.

I just mean for first starting of the engine thats all, not the permanent running of it, i'm planning to get it mapped when its ready

pug_ham
just wondered which would be better as i have the choice

If you have a choice the best one is bound to be the one thats most suited to the engine which in this case would be the 16v map.

I'd still get the 16v even for just starting if you can & intend driving it at all.

The 8v map will have more advance than needed on a 16v.

Graham.

Miles

It will start on the old 8v map to ensure no porblems with pipes etc, but I would not drive it anywhere thou. Just done a Zetec map on a 8v just to get it started and it run better on that than the GTi6 map I had before uploaded.

Good luck with the ECU, I know from having one finding support was hard a few yr's back

Sign in to follow this