• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
chadney123

Quick Help. Amp Install!

richsmells
Lets face it 12V aint really gunna hurt!

Ohm's Law :blink:

McDude
As for the heat getting away, having it upside down does not make 1 bit of difference

Only that hot air rises, that's all

On the 'only 12V' topic, I once saw a colleague, known for being accident prone, weld a ring spanner to a car battery by earthing it.

Paintguy
On the 'only 12V' topic, I once saw a colleague, known for being accident prone, weld a ring spanner to a car battery by earthing it.

I've done that myself before now :blush:

engine killer

I guess most of you Brits might have seen this vid before, but I think it worths to be recalled.

http://youtube/watch?v=NwO5ZASY994

When it has got more mass on the parcelshelf (eg. mounting amps on it), will it have much greater momentum when it is on the move?

engine killer

Also, look at how badly the very secure mounted in-car-tele became after the crash,

http://youtube/watch?v=EiJsgOPGhtQ

I do not think the 205's parcelshelf is as secure as we think anyway.

chadney123
Also, look at how badly the very secure mounted in-car-tele became after the crash,

http://youtube/watch?v=EiJsgOPGhtQ

I do not think the 205's parcelshelf is as secure as we think anyway.

That ain't really a good test on that first video, they have removed all the doors and the roof panel so it flexes so much more then a normal car would in a crash (i cant hear what there saying, because i have no speakers on this PC). My parcel shelf wont be moving now where, 2 bolts either side holding it down, just try to pull you own parcel shelf with the boot closed. I no its not the same amount of force but there is many thing it has to get past first.

NeilGTi85

You say that but......when I had this crash...My sub with amp in the boot which was bolted down with 6 MASSIVE bolts smashed smashed through my rear seats and landed in the pass seat!!! The amount of force when you hit something is greater then you might think!! The bolts which were holding it down went through the boot floor, so it left quite a big hole.... :)

Neil

post-11474-1207643413_thumb.jpg

chadney123

When i had my front/ both sides end crash last year, my Sub/AMP didn't even move. And they screwed to each other and where tied in the boot! They both still work fine! :)

cybernck

wow, that looks like quite heavy impact... :wub:

did you get out of it unhurt? :wub:

NeilGTi85
wow, that looks like quite heavy impact... :o

did you get out of it unhurt? :(

Kind off....well basiclly I was driving down a country road to work......national limit.....approaching a cross road's (My right of way) and a 18 Ton Volvo lorry full of earth decided he wanted to try and go accross before i got there......which was about 30 meters away....with me going 60 ;) .......so i had no chance to stop even if i was doing 40......went sliding towards him.....managed to hit the back wheel's instead of going under the trialer end which would of taken my head off!! ;)

Hit the back wheel, bounced about 10 meters. One of the bystanders came over helped pull the door opening (hard), It then took me about 2 mins to even get my belt off....got out and the bystander said that i made the lorry rock!!!

I then had a quick word with the driver of the lorry.... ;)

Had a fag.....blood pouring from my leg......neck killing me.....back killing me.......took a photo....sat on the back steep of a bystanders transit.....waited for the ambulance, when they turned up i past out... :D

All in all i came of lightly, im still waiting for some compensation, as it was compleatly his fault, about 5 witnesses and he was also not allowed on that road (7.5 ton limit).......

Neil

(Has changed the way I drive forever (in a good way)

large

Chadney123. Don't take this the wrong way! As many have said the fuse MUST go as close to the battery as posible and you may damage your amp mounting it that way. People are only trying to help you. If you are going to do it your (the wrong) way thats fine but dont forget you asked the question. ;).

NeilGTi85. thats a bit of an "OFF" you had :D .

chadney123
Chadney123. Don't take this the wrong way! As many have said the fuse MUST go as close to the battery as posible and you may damage your amp mounting it that way. People are only trying to help you. If you are going to do it your (the wrong) way thats fine but dont forget you asked the question. :D.

NeilGTi85. thats a bit of an "OFF" you had :D .

I no it does, within 18". ;) Thats what i have done, the fuse holder on the bottom of the parcel shelf is for display!!! :D

Simes
I no it does, within 18". ;) Thats what i have done, the fuse holder on the bottom of the parcel shelf is for display!!! :D

lol.

engine killer
I no it does, within 18". :P Thats what i have done, the fuse holder on the bottom of the parcel shelf is for display!!! :D

oh you may have two fuse boxes, one close to the battery and the other close to the amps.

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2098202390084130750hXTmbW

i had a second fues box behind the subwoofer to give 3 amp, a electronic crossover and a huge capacitor a seperate supply.

but still for your (not ours) safety sake, think about mounting the whole system on the floorpan.

also, from the vid those things pushed through the rear seat was mainly caused by the momentum of them, not lacking the rear doors.

Edited by engine killer

Sign in to follow this