• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Stu

Who Does The Best Grp A Rear Beam Mount Kit?

Stu

As above peeps, the bushes in my beam have had it so i figure its a good excuse to upgrade. Soo.. who does the best kit in terms of fit/value for money?

Batfink

just buy the cheapest. they are so easy to fit!

Stu

My only concern with the cheaper one is that i dont think it'll fit! compare this, which is just a straight through aluminium spacer essentially...

cheapomount.jpg

With the kit that Stu (Baker Mounts) sells, note the offset pins...

bakermount.jpg

Edited by stu da rude

pug_ham

Best value for money & ease of fitting has to be the BBM-SA-R2 Grp.A solid rear beam mounts kit v2 (version 2 - improved fit).

sar2-ad.jpg

You even get a discount from Stew for being a member of this forum.

Graham.

Batfink

i have the cheaper option and it fitted effortlessly so if i had to buy again this is what i would go for. Stew sells them too (or at least used to)

Alan_M
i have the cheaper option and it fitted effortlessly so if i had to buy again this is what i would go for. Stew sells them too (or at least used to)

With the cheaper kit, all you have to do is push the beam support arms in a little (about 5mm I think). Had mine on since 2005 and never caused problems.

j_turnell

Also ran the cheaper kit and had no issues at all and went on easily enough.

Jrod

Surley with the cheaper one it focuses all the stress in a smaller area? It was on here not that long ago that someones floor snapped where these mounts bolt on?

Sign in to follow this