• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
JeffR

Gti6 & Mi16 (1.9) Cam Lifters

JeffR

Can somebody tell me if the 2 are interchangeable?

The '6' set have a smaller nose on the piston to suit the 6mm valve stems, but would it be possible to use an Mi16 (1.9l) set?

The main concern would be if the Mi ones come in contact with the valve spring retainers, and de-seat the collets due to their slightly larger piston diameter.

Thanks

PS. I have also posted this on the 306 forum but I think there is a better technical representation here.

JeffR

Thanks welshpug for the link-good info there.

Pity, it's not the outcome I was after.

petert

Hi Jeff, I didn't want to rush into this one until I'd had measured each. They're identical in all the critical dimensions, except the R or RS lifters weigh significantly less. Combined this with the their lighter valves, springs and retainers, valve float will occur higher than on an Mi16.

RS - 48g

Mi16 - 64g

both full of oil.

I'd find another RS lifter.

edit: there is a difference in the piston height. Mi16 piston being lower, and may not have enough travel in an RS head, resulting in >zero clearance. Probably ok the other way, ie RS lifter in Mi16 head.

Edited by petert

JeffR

Hi Peter,

Thanks for going to the effort of weighing them.

I'd really like to get my hands on another 8 before fitting the cam.

There must be someone here who have converted to solids & would sell a set? :(

Edited by JeffR

petert

mmmm......I've got 15 and was looking for one!

Sign in to follow this