• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M@tt

Psooc Euro Trip Jobs To Do List

M@tt

this week i drew up a list of things i wanted to get sorted on the Mi before the PSOOC Euro trip on May 9th, turned out to be longer than i thought.

and today i made a start, managed to knock a few off the list and added a few more :ph34r:

1. Collect CatCam inlet cam from Tidypug

2. Fit Catcam with Vernier Pulley

3. Fit new bilstein suspension (swap springs etc from current setup)

4. Investigate faint clunking from rear (think its spare wheel carrier)

5. Find and fit one touch window module to allow passenger window to work

6. Fit some more sound deadening and boot underlay

7. Sort sqeaky heater

8. Put new terminal on oil temp sensor wire

9. Reweld the collar on gear shift L bracket to stop gearstick wobble

10. Sort overwiping front wiper

11. fix nonworking rear wiper

12. bond door seals better (currently on with double sided tape)

13. fit some new rear speakers (current ones are really knackered and buzz and stereo can't split the sound away from them)

14. Get nyloc nut for clutch cable (keeps undoing itself)

15. Fit strutbrace (coming from Fiji_bob)

16. Sort out a few paint chips

17. Sort rust on rear tail gate and have resprayed

18. Give it a wash and polish

19. Check all fluid levels

20. Dig out the spares and tools i want to take

21. Sort rattly roof console

so today i managed to sort

7. Sort sqeaky heater DONE

DSC00422.jpg

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

added some grease for good measure as well

8. Put new terminal on oil temp sensor wire DONE

10. Sort overwiping front wiper DONE

also stripped and rebuilt the wiper spindles, cleaned up all the washers and regreased the spindles.

managed to break one of the wiper arm balljoint connectors so had to rob the arm off the CTI so need a replacment now :@

11. fix nonworking rear wiper DONE - old motor had it got it working but was very slow and painful. cleaned up all connectors and connections

21. Sort rattly roof console DONE put electrical tape over plastic/metal mating surfaces seems to have doen the trick

4. Investigate faint clunking from rear (think its spare wheel carrier)

discovered it was actiually worn suspension bushes and bolts :) see http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=88595

Peetypug

tipical 205

make a list of what seem like easy none time consuming jobs and nearly all of them are worse than first imagined or take longer than estimated

good luck with the list (would write mine out but haven't got all night and the topic would be closed before i'd finished :ph34r: )

damien

would be here all day doing a list for me but the main things are -

a good service (coolent/oil/plugs etc)

new discs/pads all round

sort that noisey aux belt out

i can put up with one of the spotlights not working, one of the front wheels need balancing and the oil presser sender is playing up when the engine is warm.

BERTMAN

i took my car off the road a week ago to fix all the little niggles...

...and its still on axle stands on my drive ;), you sort one problem and either find or cause another lol

Edited by BERTMAN

GLPoomobile

Matt - update needed on the cure for the dodgy wipers please ;)

M@tt

well the wipers are a bit of a law unto themselves and may still yet prove not to be totally fixed. but at the minute they are.

What i did was after claening and regreasing the spindles it was a case of numerous attempts at repositioning the wiper on the screen in the park position until it wasn't hitting the window seal on full sweep. However the wiping sweep wasn't consistant and would vary by about 2" or so depending on how wet the screen was! probably indicating the motor is fubarred as the resistance when dry was slowing it down.

When the screen was really wet the blade still would 'just' touch the very edge of both the side and the bottom seal ;)

Also i think i need a new set of wiper blades anyway as the constant hitting of the seal has snapped on of the little locating pins on the bit that the wiper arm slips over so the slightest knock now and it starts falling out.

CaptainK

I had to miss out on this trip due to my 205's new GTi6 engine dying. Should just get the car back before the trip, BUT I can't afford the repairs and the trip. That and the rebuilt engine wouldn't have been run in either and I doubt everyone will tootle at 60mph everywhere just so I can keep up. :)

M@tt

ah thats a shame mate :lol:

well i'm not looking forward to any fast motorway crusing as 70 is about 4k with quite a booming exhaust :S hence the need for more sound deadening on my list :)

Tom Fenton

I've only had mine on the road for 800 miles since it was repaired, so my preparations at the moment are involving thrashing the living daylights out of it everywhere to see what breaks or blows up LOL!

It had all the suspension and brakes checked over and new parts as needed when it was being overhauled so it shopuld be OK in the mechanical department, there are only a few niggly bits such as the ever present squealing heater, sort out the dodgy brown multiplug (only the alternator charge light not working) and front wheels need new tyres and balancing to sort out then its ready for the off. The valve stem seals aren't the best but I have decided not to pull the head to change them, as this engine will be making way for the turbo engine in about 8 months time.

CaptainK
well i'm not looking forward to any fast motorway crusing as 70 is about 4k with quite a booming exhaust :S hence the need for more sound deadening on my list :)

1.6 'box I guess? I can guess the booming exhaust would do your nut in. I've just got a Powerflow exhaust on mine and its a little bit more noisier than standard. I told them not to make it too loud.

GTI6BOY

eagle f1s all round for me which arrive tomorrow and thats it i think?

Super Josh
I had to miss out on this trip due to my 205's new GTi6 engine dying.

That's really bad news Mate :) What happened? Is it going to be an expensive fix?

Josh

28CRAIG

Not to bad of a list there Matt atleast there all little things.

I think me and Paul will go in mine because he will never get any of his cars sorted :)

pug_ham

I took the heater blower motor for my STDT right out of the housing & put some oil on the bearings, was fine for a few days with no battery light glowing dimly on full speed or noises but then got even worse with the battery light on bright & squealing like a stuck pig at any speed. :(

Fitted a different fan that I took out of a friends car ages ago that was oiled when I did & its all good again.

I've still got the crash repairs to do on mine but I think I've sourced the final bracket for the rear bumper today so it won't take long to do.

Oh but I have got plans which aren't really needed that I want to do though;

• Swap back to a 205 rear beam with 20mm tb's, 24mm arb & ZX arms.
  • Swap back to 1900 GTi front wishbones & driveshafts.
  • Fix my non-working speedo, suspect broken gearbox internals.

The suspension swap isn't a major thing but I'd like to do them so I can swap the 309 front end & beam across to my next track car.

I've got a 1.6 gearbox fitted, a stripped interior & my standard exhaust system tested louder than a Magnex @5k last year at Cadwell!!

Graham.

CaptainK
That's really bad news Mate ;) What happened? Is it going to be an expensive fix?

I made a detailed post about it at the time. Basically big ends gone and it makes funny noises. I'm not that good with engines and will know more after someone has taken it apart. But yes, it'll be expensive.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Sign in to follow this