• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
driversdomainuk

Its All Locking Up

welshpug

flippineck! thats worse than mine was :lol:

mine would wag the back end under heavy braking from similar speeds (recent discs and pads all round and an all clear from MOT man on braking effort)

I'd drop that about an inch.

Edited by welshpug

driversdomainuk
flippineck! thats worse than mine was :lol:

mine would wag the back end under heavy braking from similar speeds (recent discs and pads all round and an all clear from MOT man on braking effort)

I'd drop that about an inch.

Oh that was before this problem showed up....if I had braked from 90mph with what it was like last week I would have mowed the photographer down from where he was standing....... :lol:

Edited by driversdomainuk

driversdomainuk

Well I am still alive!!

The car was fantastic with the brake setup - smashed my personal best at Loton Park - was 63.77 - now 63.15...did not lock up the front brakes at all and feel so incontrol....

I did however endo the car (both rears were about 1ft in the air) according to a spectator as I brakes into fallow, and I am sure I felt a bang as they landed...!!!!

I know it goes against the grain, but 2 brakes as opposed to 4 have really worked for me...may even remove the rear calipers now and save 12kg...

Cheers

ORB

Call me mad, but I have never found the 1.9 rear brakes to be any good.

I have always found the rears from a 1.6 much better and easier to get working effectivly.

Sign in to follow this