• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dan Ingram

Vac Advance On Mi

Dan Ingram

I have a 2.0Mi that I'm running on 8v management. I know its not ideal but I intend to put it on carbs shortly. The problem is the Mi doesn't have anywhere to run a vac to the dizzy that I can see. Does anyone know where I can run one from?

Mikey G

The manifold you fit to put the carbs on should have a take off on it that will allow you to fit the advance/retard pipe to.

boldy205

But you dont want to run a vac advance set up on a twin carb setup(presuming you are going for twin sidedraughts). With the pipe connected to such a short inlet it will 'pulse' sending the vacuum pulsing up and down the pipe constantly advancing and retarding the timing. You will find you wont need the vac system anyway. You can tap into all 4 runners of the manifold but this may not cure the problem. The way i overcame it was to fit a Megajolt ignition system, which does away with the dizzy and uses a more modern coil pack setup from Fords. Brilliant piece of kit!! Have a search on the forum.

Matt

Sign in to follow this