• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
robgti

Tapping Noise And No Oil Pressure

robgti

Hi all i have a 106 gti engine in my 205 and last night i noticed my oil pressure gauge showing 0 and when you rev the car to around 3.5-4k it taps alot. Any ideas?

Roman
Hi all i have a 106 gti engine in my 205 and last night i noticed my oil pressure gauge showing 0 and when you rev the car to around 3.5-4k it taps alot. Any ideas?

sound like bottom end... :D

robgti

it is tapping from the head tho. Have not heard any noise from the bottom end. Could it be the oil pump not pushing enough oil around the cams?

sutol

You need to know if any oil pressure at all,

I would take the cam cover off ot at least the oil filler cap and see if any oil being thrown about, if non then worry :D

Roman
it is tapping from the head tho. Have not heard any noise from the bottom end. Could it be the oil pump not pushing enough oil around the cams?

could be... but if you run engine in this condition( no oil presure) you ruin bottom end shells in no time... check first if gauge sender is ok( check vire and plug)

robgti

i think il be looking for a new engine then. anyone no of a cheap one?

applemobile

can just be dirt blocking ine of the oil ways to the cam. Take the cams out, clean the oil ways, check for any wear. Dont rule out a cxheap fix! unless you been driving it around for a while in that case, forget it!

have you actually checked the oil level? thats going to be the cheapest fix!

robgti

yeah oils ok got a engine to pick up tomorrow

djinuk

This is such a funny post, ? Do you just swap engines when it gets noisy. Do some research and find out what the problem is.

robgti

Yeah i no it would have been cheaper just finding out the problem but as it is my car i have to drive everyday it was easier to take it off the road for a weekend and fit a new engine.

Sign in to follow this