• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
taylorspug

Track Rod End Thread Size

taylorspug

Anyone know the thread size/pitch for GTI trackrod ends by any chance? Saves me having to find one and measure...

Tom Fenton

Do you mean the threaded part into the steering rack, or the thread for the nut on the top of the balljoint?

The balljoint thread will either be 10x1 if it is a standard Peugeot track rod end, or a choice between 10x1 and standard M10 (10x1.5) if it is an aftermarket one.

welshpug

The nut is actually bang on in between the two sizes Tom said, M10x1.25 ;)

not sure what the rod itself is though.

taylorspug

Sorry should have made that more clear, i mean the threaded part into the rack end. ;)

Tom Fenton

Well you say that WP, but I have 2 205's here, one with 10x1, and one with M10x1.5 track rod ends......

welshpug

they cant be pug original then ;) if you ask pug for replacement Nyloc they'll give you M10x1.25.

Rippthrough

I think the track control end is 14x1, IIRC, right bugger to get hold of, I had to have my rose joints custom made to fit because no-one did any.

taylorspug

Rippthrough, thankyou very much. Yes that does seem like an odd size, may get on my mates lathe and cut some myself if they are a git to get. Im doing some RJs too. :D

Sign in to follow this