• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
CaptainK

Cheapest Place To Buy An Exhaust?

CaptainK

I'm guessing the usual places of Euro Car Parts and GSF? But if anyone knows any cheaper or better then that would be good. Doesn't need to be 100% perfect as its just for my sisters car which I think she might be getting rid of soon. But it'll fail MOT at the moment.

Dunno which part is blowing at the moment, as haven't got underneath yet, but I'd guess its the join between CAT & downpipe or CAT & centre section.

Thanks. :)

jackherer

You need to phone round to see who is cheapest right now, try http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/ as well as ECP and GSF. Its also worth getting a few quotes for a fitted system from somewhere locally, if you haggle a bit its often not much more than buying one off the shelf.

A2TheA

give online automotive a ring. 0844 880 7878

or online at

www.onlineautomotive.co.uk

just bought some stuff from there. seem pretty cheap. haven't compared to gsf etc though

steve@cornwall

or online at

just bought some stuff from there. seem pretty cheap. haven't compared to gsf etc though

They were 1/2 the price of any where else I could find for a rear box for my seat - good enough quality, too.

http://www.onlineautomotive.co.uk/search_results.php?

jackherer

or online at

I wish you'd posted that yesterday :) I phoned everywhere I could think of for a backbox for my mates merc, most places were £90 and I ended up getting one for £70 which seemed like a good deal. Online automotive have it for £36.....

RossD

You'll probably be better off with your £70 box, I had an exhaust for my 306 HDi once from Online Automotive, the quality and fit were apalling, hence the price!

The back box should have had the chrome oval tailpipe, the oval was round and the pipe diameters were too small, causing the exhaust to leak at all the joints! The "chrome" tailpipe then rusted within the first week!!!

They may have changed suppliers now though, but that was my experience.

Edited by RossD

steve@cornwall
I wish you'd posted that yesterday ;) I phoned everywhere I could think of for a backbox for my mates merc, most places were £90 and I ended up getting one for £70 which seemed like a good deal. Online automotive have it for £36.....

Or even a couple of months ago? :lol:

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=85258&hl=

jackherer
You'll probably be better off with your £70 box, I had an exhaust for my 306 HDi once from Online Automotive, the quality and fit were apalling, hence the price!

I suppose you get what you pay for in the long run, although you expect it to at least fit...

Its because you chose the wrong subject line, "cheap merc backboxes" would have got my attention :D

I'm not too bothered actually, I just got it through the mot for £150 (parts, test fee and retest fee) which is pretty good for a 1986 car with over a quarter of a million miles on the clock :lol:

Sign in to follow this