• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
changingman

300 Horses?

Baz
I knew that,ive had a 4 gsr and a 6 rsII that corner exceptionally well unless its raining!!

Now can anybody find me a 4x4 mi16 to canibalise!!!

cheers

Liam

Why? So you can break the running gear on a much more regular basis than they do in their original home? :blush:

boldy205

405 t16? makes a lot of sense.

changingman
405 t16? makes a lot of sense.

Looking more likely than the 4wd at the moment!!

petert

There's no point trying to put big hp (or torque) through the Mi16x4 transfer case. It will surely let you down. Just buy a 405 T16 and be done with it. They're different in almost every way and will deliver 400+ hp easily and reliably.

@weejimmy - you're arguing with someone who rebuilds gearboxes.

weejimmy
There's no point trying to put big hp (or torque) through the Mi16x4 transfer case. It will surely let you down. Just buy a 405 T16 and be done with it. They're different in almost every way and will deliver 400+ hp easily and reliably.

@weejimmy - you're arguing with someone who rebuilds gearboxes.

just saying what ive seen from my experiance.

also dont think t16 transfer box is any good at handling much more than standerd power. unless your supper gental off the line etc.

as said, not saying im right and your wrong, just from what ive experianced thats whats happend.

i know this is a long shot but . . . .

theres a jeep thing, vitara i think, it runs a 306 td engine and its 4x4. anyone tryd one of them on a pug?

Popshot

I'm currently working on a 270-280 bhp 4wd 205. I'm using Sierra XR4x4 mechanicals and a Cosworth 24v engine from a Scorpio. I also have a nice shiney N2O kit in my wardrobe to add to that. I found a 205 Gti minus engine but with a T16 bodykit for £400 off ebay. I've massive amounts of work to do but could only come up with 2 workable options for a 300 bhp 4wd 205 - one was the route I'm taking and the other was a twin engined set-up. The Ford axles are a bit wider than the 205 so I need the arches. I discounted the Peugeot 4x4 parts as way too fragile for even 200 bhp and Scooby and Audi 4wd systems put the engine well forward of the front axle. The Scooby engine may just about fit without poking out the front bumper but the audi inline engine is not really a starter. I never considered the Pulsar mechanicals due to price. Whichever route you take you'll have lots of fabrication to do as the Peugeot parts bin is as empty as a merchants soul for such a project.

Alastairh
just saying what ive seen from my experiance.

also dont think t16 transfer box is any good at handling much more than standerd power. unless your supper gental off the line etc.

On the T16 owners only forum, quite a few people run 300 brake through Peugeots system who can talk from experience.

Sign in to follow this