• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
zander205

1.9 Xu With 1.6 Pistins

zander205

i just did a lil work on my car changing my 1.9 pistons to 1.6 ones and had the head shaved down to its tolerance

what rough idea power gains i should see??

anyone has done this?

taffycrook

Done a few for rally engines but always with cams for the increase is best used with more cam.

More CR on an otherwise std engine might result in little or no gains as you may find you have to retard the timing to prevent det. unless you run proper fuel.

Mapped ign would be of some benifit I'm sure this would net better results IMHO.

DamirGTI

I did :blush: but together with the ported head and also some other bits and bobs .. B)

Rgs ! :(

Damir

Batfink
Done a few for rally engines but always with cams for the increase is best used with more cam.

More CR on an otherwise std engine might result in little or no gains as you may find you have to retard the timing to prevent det. unless you run proper fuel.

Mapped ign would be of some benifit I'm sure this would net better results IMHO.

Is this because the Dynamic Compression ratio is too high with a standard cam??

Sign in to follow this