• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Longfield

Just Collected Car Photos...

Longfield

I've just collected my car from Brunswick Racing and thought i'd post some photos of it for you all including it's new gauges.

post-9776-1205946466_thumb.jpg

post-9776-1205946486_thumb.jpg

post-9776-1205946508_thumb.jpg

bobob

Very Nice!! :huh:

have you got anymore photos? :P

Edited by bobob

sutol

:) loverly

I want a starter button like that......nice.

Bono

Ah so you own that car!

I wondered who is was. You might have seen my 306 up there.

Baz

Was just about to say, Bono's told me about this car before. Ddin't know it was yours!

Looks good, what is it that you plan to do in it? :)

Miles

Good Job, One thing thou which I found when I went 16v Power is the Rev counter, I wished I bought a 10k one instead of the 8k one as you have

All Praise The GTI

i really like that. what colour is it,if you dont mind saying?

an old friend used to have a nova in porsche rivera blue. or something like that. was lush

cybernck

i've seen that car before (well, the pics of it :)) and i liked it!

looks even better now i can see the interior B).

is that a carbon boot? B):)

got any more pics? B)

base-1

Think I remember seeing this a while ago, nice :)

Longfield

Bono - yes i've seen your 306 there. They're good guys in my books... sorry to hear about your engine troubles though... what an absolute bummer.

Baz i'm going to run it in the TinTops series this year... i had my first test day today at Snetterton... based on my experience i think i'll start a website called 'pullmeoffracing!' as i was pulled off twice. Once for supposedly spilling oil on the track - despite all pressure readings and temps being normal and my engine being dry and no standing oil after being told to move on - and then a second time when [i think] my clutch or gearbox has eaten itself! I know the engine's fine [as when in neutral it revs without hitch or worrying sound] but when i select a gear, it goes into gear but then when releasing the clutch to get drive - a sound aking to shaing a tin full of bolts raises it's concerning voice.

Cybernck & Base-1... my car in its Porsche Rivera Blue has been around for couple of years but now it's rebuilt to be a racing car now rather than fast road/rally.... so whilst externally the same, save for a carbon rear hatch, inside and underneath its all practically new... so today when I went out on track I could honestly say i'd never driven this car before... and what a difference... it's much more nervous in a straight line but planted round the corners, and it certainly likes oversteer now... the worst thing about the car is me, the nut behind the wheel!

Longfield
Good Job, One thing thou which I found when I went 16v Power is the Rev counter, I wished I bought a 10k one instead of the 8k one as you have

Miles your experience is interesting... when I dropped the car back off today, one of the things I said to the company who's put it together was concerning my rev counter. With my EFI unit, that's been set up at Longman''s I understood that the cut out was 7500rpm, and that i could just plant the throttle and not worry about he std inaccurate dials as the ecu would cut out when it got to the upper rev limit. BUt, using the new stack I noticed 3 things... 1 - it didn't move up in a fluid, continuous motion as i expected it to. 2 - at one point on the track when accelerating, the rev counter seemed to get stuck at 5000rpm when the engine was singing sweetly up through the range and then 3 at one point the rev counter told me I was reving at 8,000rpm which I was led to understand wouldn't happen because of the EFI Euro1 programming for my engine. Thus could my above observations be linked to going to 16v power?

cybernck

could you start a topic about your car build and racing progress please? :rolleyes:

thanks.

DrSarty
could you start a topic about your car build and racing progress please? :rolleyes:

There's an honour for you; I'd like to see it too.

Nice web site and family BTW.

Rich

P.S. Is Henry's still open in Cambridge down by the river? My mate and I used to call it 'the honey pot' for some reason :rolleyes: .

Longfield

thanks.

Cybernck I would have done ages ago but i got an email from an administrator stating they'd put it up there and they never did! And when I followed it up I didn't get a reply. I'm sorry for this thread going off topic... which was just to show off some photos of the interior. I'd be happy however to have a thread under the link you've suggested if you could help me please?

Thanks

cybernck

i may have said that you need to start a topic in General Car Chat and that i'll then move it to Projects section.

therefore, start a new topic telling us a bit about the car's history and intended use and show off all the work done to it, step by step :P.

thanks.

pugman211

Lovely colour and love the Stack clocks!! Bet they cost a bit!

Sign in to follow this