• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bill

205mi16 Gearbox Fitting Costs?

bill

as title please guys, whats the rough costs of getting a gearbox fitted to a 205mi16, it has a 1.6 box in now and i will probably replace it with the same unless anyone has any better suggestions? but i would like to know what the costs are of replacing a gearbox on an mi16 205, is it a hard job, how long in labour etc?

thanks

keith

If your getting it done in a garage, well. according to autodata its apparently a 4.5 hour job, so @ £40 (minimum) p/h that's £180 with you supplying all the parts. Personally its a complete rip off.

If your planning on doing it yourself (recommended) there's an excellent guide on the main site here

Its not a hard job, would budget a few hours for it but depends how capable you are with a spanner. Other than that there are plenty of forum members that are offering their services, so look around.

keith

Coonper

Mine cost me £140, that was on a saxo. Same thing though.

bill

thanks guys, reason i asked is a mate of mine is selling his 200bhp mi16 205, but the gearbox is all over the place when you drive it so i just wanted to know what it would cost to sort, looks like i'll be taking it off his hands now :lol:

Edited by bill

AdamVester

cant really go wrong with changing the box yourself mate i tryed it after about 2 weeks of having my pug (with engine out) later done it with engine in aswlel when i new a bit more.. when i say i new nothing i mean it i didnt even no what the gearbox was :S lol.. but yeah unbolt and bolt backon pritty simple. it can be a fiddle though to get the box out from under the car id get some help with it and a few jacks.

Sign in to follow this