• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ifcho

306 Xsi

ifcho

Hi,

As my 205s are all in parts now, a friend of mine lend me his 306 XSI 2.0 8V.

I must admit a very nice car to drive, very comfortable, quiet, easy on the brakes and the steering, a very soft clutch pedal, goes very nice around cornes even with some baloony winter tires ...

but it is so very much unresponsive that it drives me nuts.

The car drives pretty well, on a highway it can keep good speeds.

However it doesn't have any wooo when you hit the loud pedal. It's a little like driving a diesel...you press the pedal, the car starts to accelerate but you understand that after a few minutes....

the only moment when I feel that it has 120bhp under the hood is a little over 5000rpm but it is just a moment and then again..

are these cars like these, or is it that this has something wrong?

Additionally are there any easy mods that can make the engine feel more powerful? Like other throtle bodies, other throttle linkage, even a KN/JR filter?

Tom Fenton

From when I've driven one I think it is just a case of them all being like that. They go "OK" but you'd hardly call them fast, and the engine is very breathless at the top end.

Bakes100

Yea mine ran out of steam after about 5500rpm as standard, the induction is quite restrictive though and with a filter and exhaust system with decat mine went much much better. The decat also made it more responsive.

Another good upgrade for these is fitting the 1.9 gti camshaft as the xsi one is very mild in comparison.

carbers205

I guess it comes down to what you're used to.

I found i could make pretty fair progress with mine, but it is heavier than the 205 with a similar output so response will be worse whatever.

Ive got mine off the road atm to refresh the engine.....no actually, totally rebuild! lol

In terms of easy mods, yeah the D6B camshaft drops straight in but I cant comment on results as yet

Andy

Miles

Used to have one too and thought it was very slow to say the least but as said with 1200kg's and 120bhp to move it nothing's going to happen quickly, even the 16v one's are slow but again with only 136bhp you can;t expect much.

Sign in to follow this