• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jerseypug

306 247mm Disk Offset

jerseypug

i am trying to put 1.6 calipers on the rear beam and the s16 disks i have are the correct offset but the diamater is too large. 247mm (the same size as the standard rear 205 1.9 disks) is the right diamater but the 1.9 front disks are thr right diamater but have a different offset. does anyone know if the 306 247mm disks have the same offset as the s16 disks. the 1.9 rear disks fit ok but the piston is extended too far as the disk is 8mm instead of 20mm

StuF215

Not sure about the s16 discs but have u tried front 1.6 discs they might fit.

Anthony

205 1.9 and 306 vented 247mm front disks are identical.

jerseypug

thanks for the help

the 1.6 front disk offset is worse than the 1.9

i have had a look at the peugeot parts cd but it does not show how much offset the disks have.

running 3 brake pads will work but i would never feel confident with them.

pug_ham

The S16 disc offset is the same as the 1.9 / 306 247mm disc iirc.

If you can get the five sided bolt on the 1.6 calipers undone & transfer the pad slider across from a 1.9 rear caliper using the normal hex head bolts from that to hold it back on.

Other than that a decent set of mole grips shld get the five sided bolt undone.

Graham.

jerseypug
The S16 disc offset is the same as the 1.9 / 306 247mm disc iirc.

If you can get the five sided bolt on the 1.6 calipers undone & transfer the pad slider across from a 1.9 rear caliper using the normal hex head bolts from that to hold it back on.

Other than that a decent set of mole grips shld get the five sided bolt undone.

Graham.

thanks for the idea Graham,

the 5 sided bolts put up a good fight. i managed to get them off but the 1.9 rear pad sliders are too close to the disk, i wouldnt be able to get a pad in there.

i might try and get a tube turned on the lathe that fits inside the piston and extends 12mm further out. this is better than using 3 brake pads.

its not ideal but should be safe and work.

pug_ham

Have a look for some BX front calipers or base model 205 bendix calipers, the pad slider is wider on these so they might work.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this