• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205Rallee

Pipercross Airbox With Cold Air Feed

205Rallee

I'm just about to replace the air filter on my TU24 which runs a pipercross filter on the back of the twin 40's. It needs replacing and I've seen the cold air box Pipercross make.

Anybody got any experience of these or similar?Do you think it would be an advantage?

bren_1.3

are we talking an airbox like the standard setup??

christopher

I considered one of these pipercross thingys from the feed on the slam panel to the original airbox. But space is tight and not sure if it would be better then the original setup.

Not sure if that is what he means

Edited by christopher

bren_1.3

ahhhh i just saw the link to the photos! certainly look very nice.... :-)

205Rallee

Yes it is almost an identical setup to the standard airbox. Unfortunately I took that off about ten years ago and can't remember where I put it! Searching e-bay for months hasn't turned one up so the pipercross airbox (part no. something like C6100LH) looks like the only other option to a big Pipercross filter on the back of the carbs. Hoping it will also stop the smell of petrol coming into the car and also cut the noise levels.

bren_1.3

i should have an o.e one knocking about if you want? do u want the backing plate aswell?

christopher

I just put the OE one back on my car yesterday for the MOT. Looking at it again I find it hard to see how this can be bettered.

The reduction in noise is amazing compared to the ITG i usually run. In fact its hard to hear that it has has twin 40's at all.

christopher

Is this a standard airbox setup especially for the 1,3 Rallye?

bren_1.3
I just put the OE one back on my car yesterday for the MOT. Looking at it again I find it hard to see how this can be bettered.

The reduction in noise is amazing compared to the ITG i usually run. In fact its hard to hear that it has has twin 40's at all.

thats the airbox that im talking about. the long plastic one that then feeds into the air filter housing, that then in turn feeds into the ducting on the grille.

i have one spare but ill be damned if i can find the clips for it that hold it to the backing plate.

Is this a standard airbox setup especially for the 1,3 Rallye?

not sure what you mean Chris? im only talking about the O.E equipment that was on the 1.3 rallye. no special setup or anything!

i think 205rallee was talking about buying a carbon fibre pipercross airbox that is similair to the o.e one that runs across the back of the carbs...

Sign in to follow this