• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Spiky

Geometry Setup.. Someone Explain Please

kate205gti

ahh no that is helpful info :) wish i knew there were two different types when i ordered mine! :( might have saved me some effort! i just ordered "ones for a 205" and naively assumed they would all fit straight away!

be interested to see what you make of them - i might still fit some if you can get new ones ;) will take a sneaky look at llandow ;)

base-1

You two are talking across purposes, track rods ends aren't wishbones/track control arms (pictured above) :)

Edit - original question "how much more neg camber?" - probably none? More castor would be more use than camber if you're using it on the road

Edited by base-1

Spiky
Edit - original question "how much more neg camber?" - probably none? More castor would be more use than camber if you're using it on the road

oh crap, you are right.

i do appoligise kate.

kate if you need a set i can get you a good deal on stuff like that :)

Edited by Spiky

Spiky

not worried what it drives like on the road at all

soon i will have my golf gt tdi to tow it to track days on a dolly

so just need the best track setup

Rippthrough
You two are talking across purposes, track rods ends aren't wishbones/track control arms (pictured above) :blush:

Debatable, some people seem to think of castor as a fix all setting, it's not, it has serious drawbacks of it own regarding the pitch dynamics of the car.

Edited by Rippthrough

niklas
Debatable, some people seem to think of castor as a fix all setting, it's not, it has serious drawbacks of it own regarding the pitch dynamics of the car.

It's just one of many debatable ways to make the car cornering faster :blush:

Alastairh
I run 300lb and James R used to run 285lb.

I have no complaints over my set up, although as you say, it is quite cheap to change them.

Just thought id run my input aswell.

Im currently running 275lb with 23+25 torsion and arbs. Works well.

Sounds about right though Garry as your running an iron block.

Al

Sign in to follow this