• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

306 Brakes

boldy205

Hi, i have saerched but didnt come up with a real answer i can be sure of. I am currently looking at a brake upgrade for my 1.9 Gti. I presume 306 Gti6 brakes are 283mm diameter with slightly thinner disks than the 307 HDI setup, and that the 307 HDI setup can hit the wheel weights when the weights are mounted inside the wheel, though i have never heard of people having problems with the 306 GTi6 brakes.?? anyone know if the 306 Gti6 brakes hit the wheel weights? Also which car do the 266mm brakes come from and are they worth fitting to a Mi16 205 used on trackdays?

Thanks

Matt

rapidmi

ive never had weights on the inside but id immagine that they would defo hit them if your running gti6 brakes on a 19 gti wheel theres only space for a rizzla paper between the caliper and the inside rim

boldy205

ok thanks. So how about 266mm brakes? anyone used them in track conditions in an Mi 205?

tom_m

have you actually run out of brakes yet?

decent pads and good fluid worked all day at donnington without too much hassle

Miles

As said the std 205 brakes if in good condition are pretty good, The GTi6 brakes add allot of weight to the sprung weight, one reason why I tend to stick with std or go for the 4 pot brembo's but only certain wheels can be used with them

boldy205

Yup have had a very scary experiance on the 2nd chicaine at Castle Combe, good job there was run out!! I need new anyway so thought i may aswell upgrade.

Sign in to follow this