• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
projectpug

Decided After A Lot Of Indecision

projectpug

I am changing the colour of my gti from grey to pearlescent misano effect red :lol:. Hopefully will be done in a couple of weeks and ready to hit the track in the up and coming weeks ;)

Edited by projectpug

hodgy

well ive just sprayed mine and they forgot to add matting agent to my paint so it looks poo as the paint is so thin you can see thru it so hope you have better luck than me

cybernck

what car is that from, Alfa of some kind? :lol:

projectpug

Its a new Audi colour looks very similar to the GTI red paint, untill the sun hits it then it has a gold tinge to it. Sorry to hear about your paint hodgy do you know what you had it sprayed in? Ie method and paint type used examples cellulose,basecoat laquer 2coat, base coat semi transparent layer laquer 3 coat, 2k with 2k laquer or a 2k medium solid type. Be interesting to know wht happened ? Any pictures?

pugman211

where are you getting your car sprayed projectpug? And how much is that gonna cost you??

jord294
where are you getting your car sprayed projectpug? And how much is that gonna cost you??

yeah. i'd like to know that too. coz i need a full respray of my red gti.

pugman211

Hey Andy, I might be getting a booth soon on wirral. So i'll give you a shout when its up and running. Is this for the red one your selling?

jord294
Hey Andy, I might be getting a booth soon on wirral. So i'll give you a shout when its up and running. Is this for the red one your selling?

nice one baz.

i can't bring myself to sell the red one now, after everything i've done to it so far. so am looking at respray. staying with red, but more modern :)

projectpug

Hi i am rather fortunate my dads had a body shop for 30yrs so im doing it in there with the guidance of my uncle who mainly does the spraying only. I have the task of doing all the prep and refurbing both sets of my wheels to my choice which is white im going for the red/white rallye style look. Done most the prep now so will be sprayed towards the weekend when my dads got a free slot. Im not doing a full bare metal spray(this is a track only car) just keying the surface and repairing a few rusty areas and a few small dents then high build primer on these areas before the painting begins.

With regards to cost it depends on what paint is used the pearl im using is dearer than straight red. Also theres so many types of pain out there now but best would be to do some quotes depends what you are after. You could spray it in a 2k high solid red that would give a instant shine without the costs of lacquer probably the cheapest option and gives a shiny finish IMO

Pugnut

dont forget , a graphite grey 205 can look pretty good . i say this because i dug out old photos my one about 6 years ago:

post-44-1205711139_thumb.jpgpost-44-1205711198_thumb.jpg

:excl:

projectpug

Looks very nice :excl:

hodgy

that 205 pictured on the last page is for sale on ebay NOW!!

i dont know bout the paint as my mate sorted it out from his work alton cars. il be sorting mine out soon i hope

post-7696-1205716397_thumb.jpg

Edited by hodgy

pugman211

Nice work projectpug!!! It always help having someone/somewhere to paint a car properly!!! I got my respray for FREE!!! even the paint which i was chuffed with, because i painted my 309 in waterbased, which aint cheap!

Make sure you post some pics up though when its done!! And if you need any help, give us a shout as i'm only down the road! :blush:

projectpug

Its going well should all be done by the weekend with exception to the wheels. I will take photos when its done and i have before pictures which will show why im doing it in the first place :blush:

Cheers for the offer pugman but its ready for spraying now :) nice to know that this forum has people on it willing to help a fellow enthusiasts ;):ph34r:

Thanks

Phil

NeilGTi85

Looks like my old 205....sort them bumbers out though!! :P

post-11474-1207831350.jpg

projectpug

Cheers,Yep bumpers and grille to do and ive sorted the wheels its not a peugeot colour though its a new audi colour changes a lot in different lights angles.

projectpug

Pictures of the car in some lovely weather :ph34r:

And me looking rather tired haha!

post-10437-1210640106_thumb.jpg

Edited by projectpug

Sign in to follow this