• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Gaz-2006

'uprated' Rear Shoes For Racing?

Gaz-2006

Hi there,

I am looking for an alternative to my standard rear shoes on my 205 GTI - I am not able to fit rear discs so I am looking to see if anyone has found any rear shoes with an uprated friction material - if so - where did you get them from?

Many thanks for any help!

Cheers

Miles

I can get them made up to any spec in the Mintex range, but as the rear's do very little I wouldn't go over 1144 spec

Gaz-2006

pm on its way..

andychalmers

Standard ferodo shoes are the way forward. They lock the back end a treat, last for ages and dont fall apart like all the other standard shoes. I've been through loads of rear shoes of all kinds of makes and none seem to last. I eventually got some made up from Questmead and they only lasted 1/2 a rally before wearing out. Sorry forgot to mention there for my 205 rally car, with brake bias set for maximum rear brakes. I left foot brake loads so my rears brakes get loads of abuse. Why do you need to upgrade the rear shoes on racing as I thought they would get little use as most of the braking in on the front?

Rippthrough

Miles, how much can you get 1144 rear shoes for?

Sign in to follow this