• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

Injector Help Required - Car Finally Running

Richie-Van-GTi

After a little blitz on the 205 over the last few days and then an afternoon wiring my 205 is up and running, The spec is in my sig, the managemnt is a 2 row ECU from a 405 2.0 8v which is getting remapped, however I want to get it running as close as possible before mapping to ease costs and make it easier to move. At moment it will start on the button and kind of idle. There is an AFR guage installed which at idle flickers in the lower part of optimal but this is when cold so guessing its slightly lean here. If you rev it the guage flickers up to rich then red lights to very idle so Im at a loss as to wether its so rich its recording lean (out of scale) or it is actually lean and the flicker is just down to using a standard 4 wire narrowband. I have 4 sets of injectors at my disposal, just wondering which would be best suited?

0280150446 dark blues from a 2.0 16v 406 / 176 cc/min

0280150427 light blues from an rs turbo / 241 cc/min

0280150762 orange from mi16 / 213 cc/min

0280150423 yellows from an s16 / 196 cc/min

its currently on the yellows from an s16 so I have scope to move either way in terms of flow rate.

DamirGTI

Hi !

What kind of lambda sensor do you have fitted for Air/Fuel measurement ? an narrow band or wideband sensor ?

Anyway i wouldn't bother with idle and low/mid range values (also the gauge really can't read correct value of the mixture on low revs and especially not at idle) , cos the most important area is from mid up to the top end and there the mixture must be spot on (a little bit on the rich side , but not too much ..)

I'd use 762 ones and up the pressure a bit (increase the idle delivery pressure by 5 psi , or maxi. up to 7 psi) if the engine is running lean from mid to top range ..

Rgs ! :)

Damir

EDIT : see if you can find something useful here :

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=77176&hl=

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...t=0&start=0

Edited by DamirGTI

petert

I'd use the 427's. I know from experience that the Stage II cam will push the 762's beyond their limit. The 423's will definitely be too small.

Richie-Van-GTi

well I stuck the 762's in and fired it up, seemed a bit better at idle and throttle response was improved but still way off. I keep getting a random popping through the exhaust. It was happening before with the megasquirt which I put down to airleak but everything has just been redone. Could it just be the bodies out of balance?

DamirGTI

if it's popping then the mixture is still too lean :unsure: ...

Try with 427 injectors as Peter said :) , do you have an adjustable pressure regulator ?

Rgs !

Damir

Richie-Van-GTi

no using a standard s16 fuel rail.

DamirGTI

Try one : buy/borrow an adjustable pressure reg. and up the pressure a little bit (one step at a time up to maxi 7psi from the OE pressure at idle ..) and see if the popping will go away :lol: I've had similar problem with the exhaust popping/lean mixture conditions and fixed this by adjusting the air/fuel ratio/pressure - afterwards the exh. popping has disappeared..

Regards ! :P

Damir

Sign in to follow this