• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ultimatepug

Rebuilt Mi16 Will Not Fire!

ultimatepug

right...

its been rebuilt by somebody whom i know, and thoght could do a good job... hmmm.. lemme explain....

engine all back in and together, fitted it, turns over but wont fire....

took the rovcker cover off to find no oil getting to the top. turns out the head gasket was the wrong way round....... thats all sorted now...

anyways,,,,

the following has been checked to eliminate...

good spark there

plenty of fuel reaching the rail

good compression

ecu tested on another 205 mi16, fine

timing is bang on

anybody got any ideas?

crank sensor is to be replaced in case its that

will be testing it with omex ecu/loom to eliminate a prob with the loom

if you have any ideas, please fire away! lol

adam

DrSarty

You've said fuel at the rail, but are the injectors firing?

ultimatepug
You've said fuel at the rail, but are the injectors firing?

yep, tried them on another engine too..

jackherer

If its injecting fuel and sparking check that the ECU coolant temp sensor is working and connected.

Sandy

Lead order?

ultimatepug

lead orders ok, will check coolent temp sensor,,

DrSarty

Please forgive me stating possibly the obvious, but remember lead order from a Pug (arse about face - 1 at the clutch end) point of view, as it sounds like it's something basic to me. Enough fuel & air with good spark at right time = engine run.

Is it even catching or just spinning?

EDIT: Great image - http://img385.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leadsdo4.jpg

Edited by DrSarty

ultimatepug

just spinning...

ultimatepug

will get back to you on that one! lol

peter

Any luck with this? Mine is doing exactly the same....

DamirGTI

Too weak (cold) spark + too rich/lean fuel mixture perhaps :( so that it can't ignite the mixture i've had something similar on my high CR engine -> was cranking for ages every morning to start it up and finally fixed this by changing the ignition amp. (for another one which saturate the coil better then the other me thinks :P ) and adjusting the fuel mixture ... however it still starts just a little bit harder in cold morning (needs a few attempts - 2 or 3 times cranking until it fires up ..) but this is modified engine so it's not unusual that it's a little bit rough at startup ..

Regards ! :P

Damir

EDIT : tried with the easy start spray ?

Edited by DamirGTI

cybernck

i've got the same problem with the front engine in my 205 Mi32, since it's not being driven regularly.

but the strange thing is - it fires up easily when bump-started (using the rear engine) :(.

DamirGTI

Which brand of ignition amp and coil do you have ? I've found (by testing various types..) that theres some differences in startup with particular brand of ignition amp. and coil combination , also some difference in throttle response/mid range acceleration :P (well at least on my engine :( )

Rgs !

Damir

cybernck

who, me? just a standard Bosch MTR01 ignition amp and standard coil :P.

Splitfire spark plugs though and sometimes it helps when i swap them for normal ones, sometimes it makes it worse :(.

DamirGTI
who, me? just a standard Bosch MTR01 ignition amp and standard coil :).

Splitfire spark plugs though and sometimes it helps when i swap them for normal ones, sometimes it makes it worse :P.

Well as far as i'm aware the Bosch combo is good one :( , i've had problems with the "Magneti Marelli" amp. and Bosch coil combination - when the car was left standing one day or more it was a real nightmare to start him up afterwards .. but once it was started (after a loooong cranking) was driving fine , also the strange thing was that the engine was performing much faster with this "MM" amp. - strong punchy acceleration , sharp throttle response like it had a few Hp more :P - with Bosch amp/coil it feels a little bit "flat" not so lively like with the MM amp. :) but as i sad the startup after a long standing was a nightmare so i've swap the Bosch amp. back ... :P

As for the Splitfire plugs - don't get me wrong but i've found them a real crap :P no worth the money , to me the NGK ones are the best and cheap B) try one step colder/hotter plug and see if that helps ...

(also you can make/modify the ordinary plugs to fire like those Splitfire ones try it out with some spare set of plugs :

http://www.guy-croft.com/phpBB3/viewtopic....ark+plug#p4704)

Damir

cybernck

hmm, now you mentioned it, i'm not sure which one is on the car, but i've got both Bosch and MM in the spares :rolleyes:.

Sign in to follow this