• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dan Ingram

Gti6 Inlet, What Throttle Body?

Dan Ingram

I have just got hold of a 2litre iron block Mi. I've got a GTi6 inlet manifold for it as the Mi one is a bit complicated with all that variable inlet crap. I'm going to be running the normal 8v wiring as I'm going to put it on carbs at some point. What I need to know is what throttle body should I use?? They GTi6 one obviously fits straight on but it has stuff on it that the 8v one doesn't. So would I be better trying to get the 8v one to fit on to the GTi6 inlet?

All help on this would be appreciated as I can't find anything on it from searching.

ORB

405 SRi is nice and easy.

James_R

You'd be better off using a 1.9 Mi inlet manifold the 6 inlet has a Throttle pot sensor, not a swtich like the 8v body/management uses

Dan Ingram

Is the 405sri one a straight fit to the manifold also does it use the same TPS as the 8v??

Also will the 1.9 mi manifold take the 8v throttle body, if not is the 1.9mi throttle body similar to the 8v throttle body??

Sorry for all the questions but I've not got much of a clue about 16v variants :lol:

James_R

You'll be needing the 1.9 inlet manifold, 1.9 TB and the AFM pipe from TB to AFM if you're planning to run 8v management, also you'll need to use the 8v thermostat housing to mount the DIzzy up to and make a drive to bolt on to the end of the cam, and knock the tab off the end of the inlet cam normally used for the sequential injection sensor on ther std s16 management.

The 405 TB is direct fit on to the Mi 1.9 manifold, but has smaller butter fly's than the Mi item

Dan Ingram

Excellent thanks. The engines been fitted to a 205 before with the normal inlet. It didn't run well apparantly.

I've got the dizzy adapator, I thought that was all that was needed to mount the dizzy?

James_R

yo need to make up a slot on the cam for the dizzy to go in to, and get the orientation right aswell, it will make sense when you try to fit it together.

Dan Ingram

Ah its ok it already has one. There is a notch out of the end of the cam then the dizzy adaptor has a bit that goes on to that then the dizzy on to that. sound right?

Sign in to follow this