• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Issam

Engine Management Parts Specific For Peugeot?

Issam

Hey guys,

as some of you may know I am taking 034efi into a new direction with the XU9J market...a market 034 didnt really want to tackle but I said I would give it to go.Over @ 034 we developed standalone engine management kits from the ground up for all makes of audi & vw.I take great pride in the work that was done for the 9A & PL 16V CIS conversion kit.

Here is the block off plate that replaces the distributor:

16V_CoilBracket1.jpg

and here is the plug wires + waste spark coil pack + block off plate:

IGN_WIRE_SET_16V1.jpg

Picture of the complete 16V set up:

16vstageIc.jpg

Now when I spoke with Bally he said this industry lacks ALOT of go fast parts....its as if no one cares about Peugeot and rightfully so,they make great cars with s*itty electronics.Now what fun is a car if you cant start it? :D .Well I am in the process of developing a block off plate for the 8V and I will do the same integration of the waste spark coil.Now 034 runs off all the stock bosch sensors and it uses a 3-PIN Waste Spark coil (for stage Ic,Stage IIc you can direct fire with the 8+ ignition drivers)

Now I believe you guys are also having issues finding BIG or USEFULL throttle bodies...this is something I am working on for the Mi16:

throttle%20body%20plate%20-%2070mm%20-%20dbw%20-%20adapter%20-%2001.jpg

Well let me know your feedback

Thanks,

Issam

brianthemagical

On the 8v heads all thats needed to remove the dizzy is a core plug, and then a later coil pack fit's perfectly with existing holes.

welshpug

would be interesting to see how much you could do a Wasted spark setup with MAP, IAT and TPS that uses the 60-2 timing teeth on the flywheel, for 8 valve and 16 valve XU9.

with the XU10 it would be easy enough to use the original coil on plug arrangement to keep it neat, would these systems support sequential ignition/injection seeing as the XU10's have a cam phase sensor?

Edited by welshpug

Issam
would be interesting to see how much you could do a Wasted spark setup with MAP, IAT and TPS that uses the 60-2 timing teeth on the flywheel, for 8 valve and 16 valve XU9.

with the XU10 it would be easy enough to use the original coil on plug arrangement to keep it neat, would these systems support sequential ignition/injection seeing as the XU10's have a cam phase sensor?

Stage Ic can do sequential Injection but only waste spark (only 2 IGN drivers).Stage IIc can do both sequential injection and ignition (direct fire).In reality the cam phase sensor is eliminated and the waste spark coil is bolted to the rear of the head.Some people may see this as a down grade but I have thrown 520whp @ a Stage Ic system no issues....last I checked no one in the peugeot camp was even making this.

60-2 wheel - Keep your stock Bosch sensor for the flywheel.Audi's use the same thing on the 2.7TT S4's and A8's

TPS - 3-PIN/5-PIN bosch - once it is a 0-5V TPS it will work with the 034

MAP - built into the Ecu

IAT - I have loads of 2-PIN bosch air temperature sensors that I sell with the system.I can even integrate it into the throttle plate for those users who want to upgrade the throttle body on there MI16 to a larger one.Even include a water/methanol injection port.

As for price,the Stage Ic retails for $1100US but I dont want to offer anything to the Peugeot Market until I have built the first kit.

JeffR

G'day Issam,

What we need here in Australia are the tools to re-map Magnetti Marelli ecu's. Specifically the GTi6 1AW 1AP10 ecu.

Currently, we are forced into aftermarket eng. management-too many $$$$$ :lol:

Jeff

petert
....last I checked no one in the peugeot camp was even making this.

Autronic, Motec, Haltech .... all do it. Plus plenty of other brands. Running wasted spark off the std. 60-2 sensor/flywheel is a generally accepted normal practice. I run an Autronic SMC on my own race car, which is full sequential and direct fire, by the addition of the XU10J4 cam sensor. It runs off all the std. Peugeot sensors except the air temp.

Edited by petert

Issam
Autronic, Motec, Haltech .... all do it. Plus plenty of other brands. Running wasted spark off the std. 60-2 sensor/flywheel is a generally accepted normal practice. I run an Autronic SMC on my own race car, which is full sequential and direct fire, by the addition of the XU10J4 cam sensor. It runs off all the std. Peugeot sensors except the air temp.

Read,I said Making...not doing.

As in no one in here is making 500+whp on direct fire or wasted spark for that matter.I know running off the 60-2 is normal practice,just ask Magnelli & Bosch :D

I am very familiar with Autronic systems but for the price the Stage IIc is a better option.

p.s. Remapping the stock ecu is not an option.As stated before,Peugeot wiring and electronics are s*it so I would start from scratch because the engine is great.Some high quality grade wiring + wiring cover will more than do the job.

Sign in to follow this