• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Turbo'd 1.4?

Rob Turbo

When I put the 2.0 turbo in my 306 I pulled out the 1.4 tu engine and left it sitting outside the shed (since December) I've been thinking about having a play with it just out of boredom really!

At first I was just going to pull it to bits, clean it up, then put it back together with new gaskets and seals, possibly do a bit of porting and polishing just as a bit of practice, then sell it to my mate cheap because he has a plan to buy a cheap car and tart it up, just for something to do!! (you can probably guess that there's not a lot to do in county durham)

But now he's started talking about getting a banger, turboing it then having a bit of fun until it breaks! The engine in question is a TU3MCZ (KDX), which is a 75bhp single point injection engine, the plan is basically strip the engine, clean it up, port and polish, bodge a turbo (probably a t2) onto the exhaust manifold, about 6psi boost and a rover 800 intercooler, the turbo and intercooler we already have, so other than gaskets and an oil feed pipe it will be costing nothing!

The thing is, fueling, would a cossie fpr sort things out (as used on the 1.6 turbo on the main website, will increase fuel pressure as the boost increases)

We're not trying to build a skyline eater or anything like that, just messing around! Has anyone tried/heard of anything like this and if so, what happened?

Sandy

Could be a laugh!

axnutty

Ive seen a R5GTT carb sitting ontop of a very slightly modded TU carb inlet before now. Think GTT carbs are about £25 on ebay.. so hardly breaks the bank and mods required are very limited.

The AX inlet mani will bolt striaght onto the SPi Tu head as well... so there you go :( Cheap turbo conversion.

Sign in to follow this