• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sutol

Chain Drive Is Slack

sutol

Chain drive to oil pump is not as tight as I'd like it ( is anything ) how much slack is too much do ya reckon.

Am I worrying unnessesaraly unesesserrily unnessesserily without cause. ? :blush:

Ryan

It doesn't need to be tight, as long as the chain can't come off then it should be fine.

sutol
It doesn't need to be tight, as long as the chain can't come off then it should be fine.

Thanks mate, I suppose you're right, but I worry too much I'm told.

The one on my TD was slack after 100k so I s'pose it's normal.

Do you know if the oil pump is any better on the TD ? :blush:

welshpug

I believe it would be the same pump, if you want to uprate it to a higher pressure you can fit a pressure relief spring from an XU10 oil pump, you can get them from a dealer for about £3 (not the tenner you often see on ebay :blush: )

sutol

Thanks, I think I'll stick the diesel one on as it is a known good one and I'm not sure of the mileage on the Mi.

Started taking the cambelt off just before tea, a five minute job thinks me.....noooo, first adjuster pulley cracked off after sticking a tube on the allen key and hammering the key into the bolt as I teased it with the bar. CRACK, off it came just as I was about to give up.

Second adjuster pulley wouldn't budge so its sat there daring me to strip it and ruin the bolt, I think I'll weld a nut on it tomorrow and see how we go, new pulleys going on as the motor has been stood a while so I can burn em off if ness. :)

Nothings easy is it :D

Sign in to follow this