• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo

Nos What Have You Got?

Ricardo

Hi, I'm thinking of fitting NOS, single point, through the intake rubber near the throttle body. :wacko: Been on loads of sites but thought you are the guys to ask!

I would appreciate any of your thoughts on what you have found when fitting/using N20!

The motor has done 104K, had the head gasket done last year and has K&N with Magnex pipe.

I've read that the injection point shouldn't be on a bend and is best 6" from the throttle body. This would need an induction mod doing?

Sorry if this has all been covered but can't find any threads when searching.

Cheers

Coonper

Why bother on a 104,000 mile 1.6?

Your still not gonna be as quick as say an mi16, its gonna wreck your car prematurely and it will cost a bomb.

Drop a new, more powerfull engine in it. Then, if you want more, get some NOS on that.

Ricardo

Cos it would be fun!?

Just wondering ....... how much to drop an 'Mi16 in' and how quick and easy that would be for me without garage/hoist etc!!!!!!!! :wacko:

My motor still revs sweet as, up to 7K and mileage shouldn't matter should it?

pip470

Nitrous is like any other performance upgrade, in the way that it will reduce the overall life of an engine, it will not however unless its fitted poorly cause severe premature failure if you are sensible. Of coarse hit the limiter whilst using nitrous or inject to much or the wrong mixture and its time for a new engine. The engine needs to be checked for suitability really, compression test, leak down test and spark power test would be first on my check list. I would personally run a progressive controller so the power hit is not as harsh, bringing it in smoothly will greatly increase the chances of you not breaking something. I wouldnt push your 1.6 to the realms of mi16 power, But i would still fit the kit, you will feel a 25hp increase a hell of a lot. If that engine does break then you still have the kit plumbed in ready for the mi16 to be nitroused. As for the question i will check in my book about the position and get back to you. Phill

Coonper

Good shout!

bales

Christ you rev your 8v to 7k!

Dont think I ever revved mine past about 6kish really as there was no point!

base-1

ONLY fit a Wizards Of Nos kit, anything else will probably screw your engine

wardy18

use a Wizards Of Nos Approved fitter, i used one that was in Coventry, great guy, did it from his home garage so was a bit concerned but he had all the right gear to give the engine the required pre test like said above to ensure its suitable for NOS, they will start u on a 25bhp jet which is advisable to start with then u can move to 50bhp very easily but seriously go to a approved fitted, check the WON site for a list of them and find one nearest to you!!

Ricardo

Cheers guys :D

Don't know if the filter and pipe lets it rev high but it still pulls, maybe timing, which I would defo check prior to any mods.

Do you retard by a couple o degrees for nitrous?

sorry but just remembered another question.. ;) Do you need to fit cooler plugs? to stop the "diesel effect" or would 3 point contacts suffice? (wups more than 1 question :D )

Coolent gauge never gets above 85 unless I'm stuck in traffic then it gets to about 90-95.

What about doing the induction mod (I've seen on the 205drivers.com articles....very nice too :blush:)

Maybe I should just go see wizards like you say...

Ben

Check out the wizards of nos forum HERE, Very informative.

Coonper
use a Wizards Of Nos Approved fitter, i used one that was in Coventry, great guy, did it from his home garage so was a bit concerned but he had all the right gear to give the engine the required pre test like said above to ensure its suitable for NOS, they will start u on a 25bhp jet which is advisable to start with then u can move to 50bhp very easily but seriously go to a approved fitted, check the WON site for a list of them and find one nearest to you!!

Who was this bloke, and how much did he charge to fit it??

Ricardo

Just checked out the WON forum! :D EXCELLENT

Cheers, it appears that mounting in the rubber bend near the TB isn't a problem. The nearer the better to avoid potential fuel drop out when the lag between throttle closure and solenoid shut off couses mixture to become lean!

As for plugs....standard for up to 25bhp.....1 grade harder for each 25bhp increase. So if on heat grade 6 then on 50bhp go up to a 7.....

Compression should not be too high for nos but I don't know what mine would be with the head being skimmed! Any ideas?

base-1

It'll be fine for quite a bit if you use a controller, 50 should be fairly easily handled but listen for det in case and if so back off straight away and don't use it until you can retard the timing a couple of degrees

Ricardo

OK sounds good...

What about clutch slip? The clutch can't get any more ajustment out of but isn't slipping as yet!

base-1

Again a controller will help to not kill it, but if it's on the way out it won't take much at all

1 FAT PUG

if your going to get nos then i would get an uprated clutch kit, i had it on my saxo vts, had a new clutch put in about 2-3 weeks before then had nos fitted, then went to french car show on the strip and it killed my clutch, was running 50 jets

Edited by 1 FAT PUG

danpug
Christ you rev your 8v to 7k!

Dont think I ever revved mine past about 6kish really as there was no point!

Nowt wrong with that :blink: 1.6's love revs. And xu bottom ends can take more than 7k in standard form.

Ricardo
if your going to get nos then i would get an uprated clutch kit, i had it on my saxo vts, had a new clutch put in about 2-3 weeks before then had nos fitted, then went to french car show on the strip and it killed my clutch, was running 50 jets

Yeah been meaning to get new clutch but can't be arsed doin myself anymore!

How much roughly for uprated clutch and fitting?

Mr Lazy with aching joints... :blink:

Oh just spoken to a mate who's still got his white GTi since buying new in 1989 on original clutch 104K. It is immaculate! not a mark on it...He's thinking of selling but can't bring himself to part with it. Wot wud he get 4 it?

Sign in to follow this