• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

205 Harness's 4 Point ?

djinuk

Ok my question is , with back seats removed , can i mount my 4 point harness's easily, or do i have to get drilling holes in my floor ?, if so where abouts do i mount them to.

Jrod

Drill holes, 2 of them can go on the old rear seat belt mountings but the others should be on seperate plates as far away from the other as you can.

Bonzai

as said above, shoulder straps you can use the original seatbelt mount, lap straps can use thebolt hole from the original seat belt rail thing at the bottom of the b post, and then between the seats you just need to drill one hole down into the exhust tunnel for the other

Jrod

The back ones though, only 1 can go to the original point and you need a hole for the other.

Bonzai

both mine go to the same point with no problems. I will eventually use the harness bars as SD intended however.

bens2053.jpg

Jrod

1 point is not a good idea though, we were told to change it in scruitineering.

Bonzai

fair enough. mine isnt being used competitevly

Jrod
fair enough. mine isnt being used competitevly

Just put it on the cage, it takes about 2 minutes! :wacko:

Leon
both mine go to the same point with no problems. I will eventually use the harness bars as SD intended however.

bens2053.jpg

What you've essentially done there is convert your 4 point harness into a 3 point harness.

base-1
1 point is not a good idea though, we were told to change it in scruitineering.

You should have told the scrote (sorry, scrutineer) to piss off, if 3 point harnesses are allowed then a 4 point with the shoulder straps on a single mount is also fine!

Jrod

3 point aren't allowed. :D

Edited by Jrod

Bonzai
Just put it on the cage, it takes about 2 minutes! :blink:

well it took more like 20, but i did it thisafternoon, just for you :blush:

kate205gti
What you've essentially done there is convert your 4 point harness into a 3 point harness.

ooh mine look like that atm too - but ive no horizontal bar on my cage to put them too :blush: any pics of any done to the floor? :blink:

Anton green

I have my six points to get finished off soon - it has been sat in the garage with 3 points finished for quite a while now, but have been thinking about the best place to mount the rear harness eyes.

What do YOU think? red (on top), blue (by the seatbelt mounts) or green (on top)?

post-4526-1204837006_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anton green

Bonzai

if you are competing, then i think there is a certain angle the harnesses have to be at? probably find it in the MSA blue book...?

Anton green

Im not competing yet, but I would love to do some autotesting at some point in the near future. Hence do not have a blue book as of yet. I have to get the details for the msa sorted at some point, but right now I'm concentrating on building it! If someone copuld tell me a good place for harnesses in a 205 which complies with the MSA requirements that would be cool.

cybernck

i'd put a harness-bar between the C-pillars and then strap the harness to it.

large

If you can get hold of a blue book every thing is in there even how to build the car :) as different forms or motor sport have different requirements. What are you planning on doing?

Anton green

Autotesting. Fairly low speed stuff, for fun and experience really. I don't believe I will ever need to use the extra capabilities of the harnesses but it will be nice they are there, plus the added safety on the highway.

I will find myself a blue book to discover where to put harness eyes, which also comply with MSA requiremnets.

Djinuk - If you are competing it may be worth looking at the positioning too, to make certain the location complies with requirements. If you are doing trackdays/other non competitive stuff then the first replies to this thread will do you nicely :)

Jrod

I don't even wear harnesses when auto testing!

Well the harnesses seemed to work well mounted to the floor this weekend...

mh1mz0.jpg

mh2it8.jpg

mh3dm9.jpg

P.S I wasn't driving it!

large

That should knock out :)

RossD

Knock out? Nah, just get the polish out :unsure:

Sign in to follow this