• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davemar

Backfiring On Lift Off.

davemar

When I'm driving the 205 1.1 (TU carb engine), when I lift off the gas I get a lot of backfiring or popping from the exhaust. The engine seems to run fine and give plenty of power and revs (for a 1.1 engine!), but the rally-car style popping is getting irritating. I've probably got a slightly blowing backbox at the moment, so it probably sounds a little louder than it would, but I still don't think it should pop like this. Any ideas?

easypug
When I'm driving the 205 1.1 (TU carb engine), when I lift off the gas I get a lot of backfiring or popping from the exhaust. The engine seems to run fine and give plenty of power and revs (for a 1.1 engine!), but the rally-car style popping is getting irritating. I've probably got a slightly blowing backbox at the moment, so it probably sounds a little louder than it would, but I still don't think it should pop like this. Any ideas?

Could be a hole further up the system, maybe at the downpipe.

Sign in to follow this