• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sutol

Diy Neg Camber On Front?

Sandy

If you've got a relentless sense of adventure and you can fabricate/design suspension (or more precisely in my case, get Colin Satchell to turn your hare-brain scheme into a useable reality), you can use 306 wishbones to widen the track and move the mounting points to increase wheelbase and re-dress the front roll centre all at the same time. Easily cocked up if you don't know what you're doing though!

Completed subframe:

post-2671-1206650499_thumb.jpg

Notched chassis leg:

post-2671-1206650532_thumb.jpg

Worked very well overall, but the bump steer needed a little refinement (as with any lowered 205/309 actually). Traction in particular was spectacular out of corners.

Edited by sandy309

welshpug

I just noticed in This Months Torque, Hilgie thanks Jeram for the tip of shifting the wishbones forward in the V6 :) (half an inch)

tom_m
If you've got a relentless sense of adventure and you can fabricate/design suspension (or more precisely in my case, get Colin Satchell to turn your hare-brain scheme into a useable reality)...

good grief, that must be a monumental increase in track width! ;)

Edited by tom_m

Batfink

that was for his 309 so you would probably need arches on a 205

Sandy
good grief, that must be a monumental increase in track width! <_<

From 1407 to 1490mm! It *just about* fits under standard arches on a 309, but it does look comically wide parked next to a regular 309.

allanallen
From 1407 to 1490mm! It *just about* fits under standard arches on a 309, but it does look comically wide parked next to a regular 309.

are you using 306 driveshafts with this then?

Sandy

Hybrid shafts, I could use 306 shafts if I had a Peugeot box, but this is my Honda powered one which has Honda inner and Peugeot outer CVs, with made up bar shafts. The wider track helped with the angle of the shafts, because the Honda inner CVs are further apart than Peugeot.

allanallen
Hybrid shafts, I could use 306 shafts if I had a Peugeot box, but this is my Honda powered one which has Honda inner and Peugeot outer CVs, with made up bar shafts. The wider track helped with the angle of the shafts, because the Honda inner CVs are further apart than Peugeot.

ahh, didn't realise it was on your 309 old boy <_<

Banjo

Would redrilling the topmount holes not be easier if looking for camber rarther than extra track? If running coilovers of course.

Sandy

Yes, you can gain a small amount that way, but you need to hog out the large centre hole as well.

205toby
Would redrilling the topmount holes not be easier if looking for camber rarther than extra track? If running coilovers of course.

And it only makes a miniscule difference to the camber anyway. Done like this, the negative camber decreases as you increase steering angle too..

Toby

Sign in to follow this