• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ollieb7

[car_restoration] Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Ollieb7
Sorry to be the first not so nice comment but I don't like the cage with standard seats etc.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=36495

Yes well aware of these differences of opinions - don't think we need to start that old chest nut - a matter that will never be resolved! Made my choice and happy!

ALEX

I think it looks stunning!

Though the rear seats are a bit usless now, But looks better than the stripped out look if it's for every day use!

Shame you couldn't have best of both and shape the cage so you could get a couple of people in the back.

danpug

Stunning! I'm sure there will be more and more of these threads popping up in the next couple of years. Can anybody actually sit in the back?

AdamVester

im gobsmacked cant relaly think of anything to say lol..... um its just amazing well done for all the hard work and pain that the project must have caused you its so nice to see projects like this are still going on.

it gives me a nice feeling when seeing topics like this it just lets me no that the 205's will be around for a very very long time as long as people like yourself restore them!!!.

thanks for sharing the pictures with us all.

Ollieb7
Can anybody actually sit in the back?

Car's for driving not for passengers! If i want to take passengers i do have other means....

The answer definitvely is no as a mod i forgot to mention is that the front seat runners are from a 5 door so none of that rocky motion from the seats plus means you can sit lower and gives more head clearance from the cage - tricky mod tightening the bolts - but well worth it - the 3 door tilt runners are pish!

Thanks Adam for remarks :)

Edited by Ollieb7

JamieTonks

stunning car you have their

jamie

danpug

I was just wondering whether you did actually take people in the back being that you've kept the rear seats. Its amazing just how much more bearable and quiet a car is when you leave the rears in rather than take them out! Looks like a nice paint job too.

Edited by danpug

adrian_gti

job well done. car looks stunning!

Longun

Fair play thats top work :blush:;)

Jackman

What a difference!

Top work!

Edp

Wow 2 mint silver 205 threads in a matter of a week. You guys are making me jealous!

:blush: great work!

John_B

The car looks amazing- nice work!

How much was the airbox?

Ollieb7
Looks like a nice paint job too.

Did all the prep myself - only gave it to a body shop to spray (£800!) and then did the flattening / polishing myself - very frightening taking a bit of sand paper to a new paint job - looks spot on though!

JohnB - Can't remember - i bought it about 2 years ago - you can get it from Demon Tweeks but it takes a fair bit of time to modify to fit.

MrG

well I vote for cage plus interior! I like it and may do the same to mine. not keen on the full stripped out look at the moment!

fab car bud, I really like it.

Dino

That looks absolutely stunning :(:D:wub: :wub:

The only thing I would do differently is a nice pair of Recaros trimmed to match the interior :) Whilst the cage is a safety feature I wouldn't feel particularly safe in a roll being in the unsupportive standard seats.

Hey it's your car though fella so whatever you are happy with B)

One of the best 205s this forum has seen in a while! :wub:

Edited by Dino

applemobile

stunning. exelent work!

andykandy205

lovely car swap it for an evo3 lol

rapidmi

stunning, great work, like the full cage with the seats lol

crf450

Yep, as someone has already said one of the nicest looking 205's on the forum. I love the balance you've got between track and road and I think the cage with the back seats works great, I've always said that silver is the best colour for a 205 and this car proves it.Well done!

cybernck

silver is the colour of the 205 that got me in love with 205's nearly 20 years ago

so i think you've just swayed me into spending loads of money on fully restoring

my 205 instead of buying a newer comfy car! :rolleyes:

Ollieb7
silver is the colour of the 205 that got me in love with 205's nearly 20 years ago

so i think you've just swayed me into spending loads of money on fully restoring

my 205 instead of buying a newer comfy car! B)

Yeah me too - my dads boss got one of the first 1.9's in the country - D reg and Silver - always stuck with me and i've been suckered ever since.

Word of caution - insurance companies are proving a pain to insure this car for what it is actualy worth - provide a spread sheet with all the costs and they still don't see how a 205 is worth more than £5k :) Also get an everyday reliable car until you get the 205 right - it will let you down until you've replaced just about everything. You got to love it! :)

To me it is worth every penny - the car attracts so much attention - it IS so rare to see a 205 that is like new - i caught kids (circa 12 to 14) at the super market taking photos of it and genuinely being enthused - great! a car that wasn't even the 'thing' when they were born creating lots of attention - who would have thought!

Today i put all the sound deadning back in the car and had to sort the airbox which wasn't sealing properly - much better and has put the refinement back in the car for everyday use - refinement and 205 - now there is a word you don't hear too often - but when they were new they were!

kaich

OMG what a beautiful job! :)

one question: are brand new seats? how much for them? :unsure:

Ollieb7

Fraid not - lots of e-bay purchases and the raping of passenger seats. Peugeot stopped making the seat covers ages agO - big pitty!

205freak

Ollieb7 great car you´ve there, very shiny and a wonderfull rebuilt, keep going

flipperthebushkangaroo

:lol: a real beauty, did you get a replacement steering wheel or did you get it restored?

Wish i could get mine to look half as good, cracking job, well done