• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ollieb7

[car_restoration] Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Ollieb7

Many thanks! I got the steering wheel from e-bay off a low milage car - risky but it turned out ok!

de Noir

Got soft spots for silver GTIs... Love the paintjob, man! Excellent! :huh:

kaich
Fraid not - lots of e-bay purchases and the raping of passenger seats. Peugeot stopped making the seat covers ages agO - big pitty!

understood.... :) what a mess...

Regards

Edited by kaich

Pugnut

Hamish, congrats on getting it finished. it must be about 2 years ago i was round for the sd cage ??

inspiration to us all and as i said before . silver looks awesome !! the whole car looks awesome!!

Ollieb7
Hamish, congrats on getting it finished. it must be about 2 years ago i was round for the sd cage ??

inspiration to us all and as i said before . silver looks awesome !! the whole car looks awesome!!

Hey Pugnut - i see your car is under 'long term restoration' bit like mine! :rolleyes: Hopefully we'll see yours in a few years!

Peetypug

how have i missed this topic???? :rolleyes:

what a bloody top job..... i'm well impressed

4 years is a long time though, i bet its all worth it now

i want my 205 on the road now.........

Guest 205bandit

Quality - non sunroof aswell which is excellent

SurGie
Yeah me too - my dads boss got one of the first 1.9's in the country - D reg and Silver - always stuck with me and i've been suckered ever since.

Word of caution - insurance companies are proving a pain to insure this car for what it is actualy worth - provide a spread sheet with all the costs and they still don't see how a 205 is worth more than £5k :D Also get an everyday reliable car until you get the 205 right - it will let you down until you've replaced just about everything. You got to love it! :(

To me it is worth every penny - the car attracts so much attention - it IS so rare to see a 205 that is like new - i caught kids (circa 12 to 14) at the super market taking photos of it and genuinely being enthused - great! a car that wasn't even the 'thing' when they were born creating lots of attention - who would have thought!

Today i put all the sound deadning back in the car and had to sort the airbox which wasn't sealing properly - much better and has put the refinement back in the car for everyday use - refinement and 205 - now there is a word you don't hear too often - but when they were new they were!

You actually took your mint 205 to the supermarket ! OMG that would be the last place id take mine to after all that work, i didn't even take it there

as it was before i started the work on mine, i use the new Mini cooper with doors like a battle ship, or my 205 GT with rusty

doors to go shopping. I don't trust shoppers not hitting my car or door denting it.

Great project thread, the car looks great. :wub:

Can't really see it as a "wolf in sheep's clothing" when it has a cage though.

Edited by SurGie

[L'e$kro]

I think I saw this car in PPC mag a few months ago, and it decided myself to put back the throttle bodies on my daily driver :D

Nicolas

Ludi

It looks amazing.

No doubt.

:(:D

rubyna

Fair play mate an inspiration to anyone restoring their 205fantastic project! Hope you

enjoy driving it now for many years to come :D ..Well done mate..

Luke..

Ollieb7

Wow - been ages since i have been on here but i see that this thread has been taking on a life of it's own since i've been away - many thanks for the further kind comments. Car's been in storage for the last 14 months as i've been living abroad - back next week so MOT time again and a small matter of a drive shaft oil leak to repair.

Been thinking of recent of super / turbo charging....

Lucky Gti

Going to have to agree with everyone else. Looks absolutely spot on. Been regretting stripping mine out completely of late. Too late now so I'll think about doing a resto next time :) Mind you, my missus might not be too happy about that!

johnrobertgordon

Lovely car. Really stunning.

Have to say I really like the carpet around the cage mounts, top effort.

ilovemypug

bloody nice car =)

rallyejames

nice job pal.