• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Koni Dampers Adjuster Pin Broken

Atari Boy

I have just bought some second hand Koni adjustable dampers for my 205 off eBay.

The adjustment pin on one the front dampers has either broken off on has been pushed back into the strut.

I am taking it up with the seller, but is this a common problem and can it be fixed.

All Praise has suggested that I get a something wielded onto it so that it can still be adjusted.

Any other suggestions?

Photo shows as it is now.

20080301_078.jpg

Atari Boy

I have been thinking, what about if I were to cut a slit in the top of the shaft? Would that work?

Rippthrough

Careful with putting a weld on it as there's a seal up near the top there to stop the oil being forced out around the adjuster - It would only cost about £30-35 to get it stripped down and rebuilt.....

Tom Fenton

Contact KONI and see what they say. I recently had a bust adjuster on an AVO shock, AVO rebuilt it and send it back to me at no cost, so all it cost me was the post to get it to them.

Atari Boy

I will speak to Koni on Monday, good thinking. Thank you

skinner2k3

You will probably find that Koni will redirect you to Sportsline Suspension, where you will find a very helpfull bloke called John. He will be able to sort you out.

He recently rebuilt my Koni adjustable with a new strut body after I bent it! He also had to replace the damper adjuster as I had snapped that too. Then tested it on the dyno. Charged me £65 inc VAT and postage to return it. The number is 01280 702633. Google Sportsline suspension and you will get the website.

ifcho

Did you fix it?

I broke the pin on my right koni as well and now there is an oil leak fromwhere the pin was :-(

Baz

I need a couple rebuilding too, so this has just come in handy, cheers for the info Ben!

Atari Boy

I got mine sorted by this chap, really helpful, he is Koni dealer/repair centre

Raceline Suspension

Unit 7

Arnhem Road

Bone Lane Industrial Area

Newbury

Berkshire

RG14 5RU

Paul Drake

07759 438510

jonnie205

i seen that happen lots on koni, they need to be twisted every few weeks to stop em seizin up

Baz
I got mine sorted by this chap, really helpful, he is Koni dealer/repair centre

Raceline Suspension

Unit 7

Arnhem Road

Bone Lane Industrial Area

Newbury

Berkshire

RG14 5RU

Paul Drake

07759 438510

Might enquire there too, cheers! :D