• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
smokey

Painting Engine With Vht Paint

smokey

Hiya guys

I've finished degreasing my Mi16 and have started to paint it. So far done the engine mounts and the inlet manifold.

The block is all masked ready to go. But i noticed something written on the can. It says for use on exhaust manifolds and air cooled engines.

Now this might sound silly but i can use this on my engine right

Thanks

uncle buck

Yeah the paint will be ok...if it will withstand the heat of an exhaust manifold it will be fine on the block.

I have seen ordinary household gloss paint used on engine blocks & it has never budged!

yorkshirekowboy
Hiya guys

I've finished degreasing my Mi16 and have started to paint it. So far done the engine mounts and the inlet manifold.

The block is all masked ready to go. But i noticed something written on the can. It says for use on exhaust manifolds and air cooled engines.

Now this might sound silly but i can use this on my engine right

Thanks

is it natural for the block to produce like a white powder on the block as its alloy? i did the same as smokey and means started to peel, not bothered like as its not seen.

davemar
is it natural for the block to produce like a white powder on the block as its alloy? i did the same as smokey and means started to peel, not bothered like as its not seen.

I think this is just the reaction of the alloy with water. When I was cleaning a block I rinsed it off with water and just let it dry and it was covered in more white powder than Amy Winehouse's top lip. I then tried to rinse that off, and of course it came back. I think in end I just scrubbed it off with a wire brush attachment on the dremel.

ALEX

Strip the block and get it bead/vapour blasted. (like shot blasting but finer for a shiny finish)

You wont have to worry about flaking paint then.

Just coat it with WD40 to keep it clean.

Sign in to follow this