• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Alloy Belled Discs And 1.6 Gti Spare Wheels

swordfish210

Hi, i was chatting with one of my friends at college today and our conversation turned to alloy belled discs. He asked me if anyone made them for a 205 and i have no idea if there is any such product. So does anyone make them, just to satisfy my own curiosity.

As for the 1.6 spare wheel, what did they use because my XS steelie spare wheels doesnt fit over my brakes now so i need a new one.

Thanks

richsmells

My 1.6 spare wheel was the usual pepper pot style.

I believe you can get alloy bell disks. Surely the bell can just be machined to fit the hubs and then bolted to a disk of choice.

Ben Allen had some "Galfer" brake disks with removable alloy bells.

swordfish210

Ok thanks, i might PM him to see where he got them from, i'll also be on the lookout for a 1.6 wheel

Rippthrough

Yes, Galfer do some for 247mm discs, don't know the price though.

Batfink

Ears motorsport I think make sets up to customer specs

richsmells
Ok thanks, i might PM him to see where he got them from, i'll also be on the lookout for a 1.6 wheel

These were 1.9 offset and came in a kit with racing pads and fluid and were silly expensive for what they were (a PPC freebie though). You could buy a wilwood 4 pot caliper setup for the same price.

Edited by richsmells

swordfish210

well if i can get a set of the discs then i can just make up a bell at college to suit

Ben Allen

Got your PM and replied.

Rich, it was just fortunate that the brake setup was in the office at the time otherwise I'd have never got them :D

They worked well though!

bren_1.3

alcon made them for the group A rally cars, to fit under a 13 inch rim aswell. fag paper clearance on the 4 pot calipers though.

alcon bell (1)

alcon bell / caliper (2)

Edited by brens_1.9_wide_arch

swordfish210

Hi, i'v started the design work for some alloy bells at college (isn't CAD great :D ) but i'm having trouble finding a set of discs to bolt them to. I'v tried Galfer but they dont seem to have a distributor in the UK for car products, and speaking to their Spanish branch is a nightmare :( Anyone know where i can get some 247mm discs to bolt to an alloy bell?

Rippthrough
Hi, i'v started the design work for some alloy bells at college (isn't CAD great :D ) but i'm having trouble finding a set of discs to bolt them to. I'v tried Galfer but they dont seem to have a distributor in the UK for car products, and speaking to their Spanish branch is a nightmare :( Anyone know where i can get some 247mm discs to bolt to an alloy bell?

I'm pretty sure wilwood do some, failing that I'll have some lightweight 247's available in a couple of months.

swordfish210

tempting but i'll have finished my year in a couple of months :D so i really need some within the next couple of days. I'll try Willwood though. Thanks

smighall

Check CompBrake too.

swordfish210

Compbrake have some, pretty pricy though :( the things i do for my college work :D

Rippthrough
Compbrake have some, pretty pricy though :( the things i do for my college work :D

There's some 247's listed in my wilwood cat. - rally design don't seem to stock 'em any more though, might be worth ringing them - they'll be about £60 each IIRC.

James_R

Raldes will ship them in for you,just none returnable :D

I've got a set of alcon 247's just not got round to sorting the bells yet lol

Sign in to follow this