• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest yatesy

Solex Jets

Guest yatesy

Hi again, does anyone know of anywhere that sells jets for the z2 solex's would quite like to play around with jetting to see what effect it has on performance and fuel economy etc.

Thanks

Tom

macaroni

I got some a few years ago from www.fuel-parts.co.uk.

I went from 117/120, to 130/140 and it seemed to go better, but fuel economy did suffer somewhat.

Edited by macaroni

Guest yatesy

thanks, will give them a go. Did you try a range of sizes or just those? Anyone have any other advice on optimum jetting?

thanks, tom

Guest yatesy

gave fuel parts a call, they directed me to carburettor hospital, who told me that chances of me successfully jetting the solex z2 were slim to none, they can't be that different to a normal carb can they?

cheers

andychalmers

If you goto a good rolling road they will drill out the jets to what is required. I took my rally car to David Boggs in malton (old school guy, mint on carbs) & he said under fueling on high revs, he whipped em out & drilled them a few times till got spot on however runs a bit rich on low revs. Its a rally car so only bother about flat out.

Sign in to follow this