• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
A2TheA

Light Warning Buzzer

A2TheA

has anyone else got one of these? i didnt even know 205's had these fitted i thought they were a little before their time sort of thing. i may have one but it sure as hell doesn't work.

are there common faults with them or is mines just naffed?

jackherer

Only phase twos have them ('91>)

A2TheA

ah ha i see. thanks

All Praise The GTI

you are lucky, that noise sends me barmy. only idiots leave their lights on and get flat batteries

MiD

My 1990 1.6 GTi has the light warning buzzer.

However whilst I can close the electric windows on my STDT if the ignition is off I cannot close my one electric window on the GTi, the ignition has to be turned on again.

GLPoomobile

Does anyone know if the wiring and plug where present on Ph1.5 cars? I know that sounds stupid but you know what Pug were like for doing weird s*it like that?

If not, it shouldn't be too hard to wire up a buzzer.

Super Josh
Does anyone know if the wiring and plug where present on Ph1.5 cars? I know that sounds stupid but you know what Pug were like for doing weird s*it like that?

If not, it shouldn't be too hard to wire up a buzzer.

No the plug isn't present ona Ph 1.5, but it's really easy to wire up :angry:

Josh

damien

seems pointless to me, i can see if my lights are on i dont need a buzzer to tell me.

most newer cars have them these days, ive never been able to work out how people forget to turn there lights on/off

GLPoomobile

In the past I would have been inclined to agree with you, but when I used to drive to work everyday I left my lights on quite a few times and got a flat battery about 2 or 3 times. When you've had a long journey in, are pissed off and running late, and the sun has come up by the time you arrive, it's easy to do. That's my excuse anyway - just forgetting the simple things through rushing to get in and avoid a bollocking!

NeilGTi85

My 1985 1.6 GTi had the buzzer (which I swapped with stue).....pretty sure that was a standard thing....

Neil

DaveW
In the past I would have been inclined to agree with you, but when I used to drive to work everyday I left my lights on quite a few times and got a flat battery about 2 or 3 times. When you've had a long journey in, are pissed off and running late, and the sun has come up by the time you arrive, it's easy to do. That's my excuse anyway - just forgetting the simple things through rushing to get in and avoid a bollocking!

Yep so true, i left my sidelights when i got to work, 8 hours latter the battery was totaly flat! a buzzer would of saved me waiting about for the rac...

vern

I have left lights on a couple of times, resulting in a flat battery, usually when it has been foggy.

So decided to fit one of these, took about an hour and worth the £7-8, even if it only reminds me once in a blue moon.

http://www.autoelectricsupplies.co.uk/product/264

M_R_205

None of my cars have had the buzzer and they have ranged from 89 up to 93 :S where abouts does it hide???

Phil H

The are clipped to a bracket bolted to the lower steering column.

To wire in, just conect one wire to door switch, one to permanant live and third to ignition feed. Voila !

GLPoomobile

So how exactly does that warn you you've left your lights on?

All that would do is warn you you've left the ignition on!

vern

The one I fitted had a feed off the lights, and a feed from the door and one from the switched ignition supply.

Phil H

ooops...one wire to sidelights, one to door wire, one to ignition....

Sign in to follow this