• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Headling

Fitting Omp Bucket Seats?how?!

Headling

HI Guysl, I am just in the process of going to fit my omp bucket seats they are base mounted ones. I have ordered the OMP alloy base mounts from Demon Tweeks and wondered how to mount them?

The mounts have an alloy stand off that bolts to a L shape braket, the vertical bit bolts to the seat stand off then the horizontal bit bolts to the floor.

Just tried them as a rough fit and they dont sit flat as the 205 floor has a hump in it. Do I pack the mounts with washers to get the seats sitting level?

Do i chop out the original seat mounts, there is the vertical piece of metal on the floor pan that the original seat runners bolted too, but mounting the seat up on this makes it seem to high up as im 6 ft 2", I was thinking of mounting to the floor as it gives me more head room and a lower C of G.

Any pics of seats mounted would be great, or some good ol advice!

thanks in advance,

Mark

Bonzai

these pics show the proper way. basically welded in struts across the floor with holes spaced correctly for your sidemounts.

CIMG0579.jpg

shell5.jpg

spray1.jpg

the way i have done it for now, is to keep teh original seat sliders, and fit my sidemounts to those. Its a bit higher than id like, but its considerably cheaper

Headling

thats great thanks for the pictures! just wondered if people have done it with out welding in bars? i have not got a welder so wanted to try and do it with out if poss?

bren_1.3

yes u need the following item though...ebay item: 330138411314 you'll then have to come up with some runners and L-brackets to mount the seat to the side runners.

bolting the seat straight to the floor is dangerous, the floorpan is very thin...dont do it.

Jrod

I used the standard seats mounts with thick bits of metal bar.

post-8046-1203866706_thumb.jpg

Imagine that is looking down at the drivers seat from above.

Make sure you use nice strong bar. You may also have to alter where the across pieces sit for where you want to sit / how far the holes on your seat are apart.

Headling

Thanks for the advice guys! yes thinking about it mouting the seats to the floor plan is a bad idea! Have just got some steel section from local metal supplier so going to have a work out later today and try and get it sorted out.

Sign in to follow this