• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
notamondayfan

Fuel Regulator Query

notamondayfan

hey guys

what do i connect up to each part on this fuel regulator? i think the one with the pipe connected goes to the carbs, and one above is the return, and the one to the right is the feed from the pump, but then theres the one at the bottom.

any ideas? cheers, dean

edit - uploaded pic

post-4976-1203777908_thumb.jpg

Edited by notamondayfan

Owain1602

Is it for turbo applications? Looks like the turbo one?

Rob Turbo

If it's anything like my fse, the one on the right will be the feed from the pump and the one on the bottom will be the return, as for the other 2, is it not 2 outlets, like one for each carb?

notamondayfan

owain- its for carbs, not turbo sadly B)

rob -thats what i thought. the right one has an arrow pointing inwards, so i thought that would mean fuel in. the one with the pipe connected has an arrow pointing outwards, indicating fuel out. the other pipe on the left though has an arrow pointing inwards, and the pipe at the bottom doesnt have any arrows.

Owain1602

Im sure, its for carburettor cars with a turbo.

Top one is turbo in

One below that on the same side is outlet to carbs

One on other side is high pressure in

Bottom one is return to tank

99% sure

notamondayfan

stumbled accross this, and they are selling them as parts for carb conversions. so would i be able to blank off the top one and use it as normal if it is desinged for turbo use?

Rob Turbo

Do the carbs have a return pipe? If so, that would go to the other pipe on the left?

If it was for turbo use then one of the pipes would be a lot smaller for a vac/boost pipe to go on to up the pressure when it comes on boost.

Owain1602

it is for turbos!

fpr009a.jpg

Thats from FSE site

You can clearly see that the top connection is above the diaphragm therefore its used to influence fuel pressure, like on a turbo!

I cant say anymore.

Edited by Owain1602

Rob Turbo

I stand corrected!!

It just seems a bit big for a pipe from the turbo, they are usualy only small pipes!

Owain1602

If i remember right the fittings can be removed and replaced with other sizes, i seem to recall being supplied with the wrong thread a few years back for a regulator.

Sign in to follow this