• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

Alternator Bracket Bolt Holes + Pulley

wardy18

Hi all

A quick question, as my race engine will not be runnin an alternator and so i have no need for the alternator bracket do i need to still put bolts in the holes on the block, do they go into any water channels etc etc or can i leave them open?!

Also while on the subject of no alternator, how can i get around not fitting a alternator belt pulley on the crank, i no somethin is needed or the cam belt cog will slide around but can i maybe get a alternator belt pulley lathed down so its just the centre part left which slides over the crank end so to lock everythin in place still with the bolt?!? Has anyone ever done this?! The way i see it is that the less weight the crank has to turn the better it will go, this may only be a few hundreds grams but it all helps

Thanx

Simon

brianthemagical

Not sure on the bolts. but on the pulley, yes get it machined, or make a spacer out of ail.

brianthemagical

Ali

Sign in to follow this