• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
RossD

306 Rear Arb End Plates

RossD

As the title really, will the end plates from a 306 rear anti-roll bar fit a standard 205 1.9 anti-roll bar? Servicebox has them down as different part numbers, but externally at least they look the same. The only difference I can think of is that they have a different amount of splines to the 205 ones.

Reason behind this is I have mullered the threads on one of the 205 endplates trying to get it off the old anti-roll bar, its stuck solid. I have a spare 306 beam stored at my parents which I could nab the end plates off if they will fit. I would buy a new one, but £22 from the dealer is really a bit too much if I can avoid it! :D

Cheers

Anthony

I think the lower spec ZX/306 ones are the same, but certainly the sportier model ZX/306's with 22 or 24mm ARB have an ARB endplate with a larger spline fitment to the 205 one, and are hence of no use to you.

stutto

sorry for hijack/obvious question, but are 309 and 205 arb end plates the same?

Reason: My long term WIP 309 beam has nasty looking end plates and although the beam on the car is bad, I'd be surprised if the end plates could be any worse than the 309 ones.

Also if they are compatible could I rebuild the beam with the 309 plates and then swap them over after the 205 beam is off the car?

Anthony
sorry for hijack/obvious question, but are 309 and 205 arb end plates the same?

Yes they are.

de Noir

@ Stutto: Outer side physically yes, inner cylinder with teething no. They differ by ARB diameter and teethcount...

@ Ross: If money's too tight to mention, you can help yourself by welding end plate to ARB, just do pair of discreet seam welds you can cut later with grinder if you need to. This works for only one side, of course. Other side must be the regluar way.

Edited by MH_

RossD

The 306 beam came from a 306 HDi and so has a 20mm rear ARB, so hopefully may fit. I can only try and see!

Its not that money is too tight to mention per say, its the fact that a small peice of metal costs £22..... ;)

Thanks people.

Jrod

Should be able to get one quite easily second hand I'd of thought?

Anthony
@ Stutto: Outer side physically yes, inner cylinder with teething no. They differ by ARB diameter and teethcount...

They're the same between 205's and 309's - part numbers 517810 and 517811 for the two ends.

309 GTi-16 ones and late 205 vans (1995 on) are apparently different judging by the Parts CD (I've not personally seen any), but by and large, 205 and 309 ones are the same and interchangeable.

stutto

Thanks fellas, I'll see if I can get a peek at the ones on the car properly this weekend.

Rippthrough

My 306's 19mm bar end plates are the same as the gti6's 24mm ones and are interchangable, so they may not fit.

RossD

Yep, found out that the 306 ones have a bigger internal diameter. Strangly the 309 GTi also has the same endplates as the 306 but the 309 base models have the same endplates as the 205!! (According to Servicebox at least)

Anthony
Yep, found out that the 306 ones have a bigger internal diameter. Strangly the 309 GTi also has the same endplates as the 306 but the 309 base models have the same endplates as the 205!! (According to Servicebox at least)

I think 309 GTi-16 endplates are different, but standard 309 GTi endplates are the same as 205 GTi ones.

pug_ham

I've got a couple of 20/21mm ZX rear arb's & the end plates are different sizes to those for a 205 or 309 GTi arb.

Quite handy as I've got a 24mm arb that has an end plate welded on one end & needed a seal for the opposite end so i coudl fit it to the beam going on my black GTi before the euro tour & luckily there was one still fitted to one of the ZX end plates.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this