• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shooter mcgavin

Do The 1.9 Shafts Fit Xzara Vts Box

shooter mcgavin

just finishing off my gti6 conversion and the time has come to fill up the fluids

right away i noticed gear oil dripping out the short side shaft.had a look at it and looks like the shaft needs to go into the box about another 5mm

have i not fitted the shaft right or do i need to change the inner cv joint to a vts 1

thebuild038.jpg

thebuild039.jpg

All Praise The GTI

mine fit fine. iam using 309 shfts tho but they the same essentially and a vts box. i fitted new gearbox seals before the shafts went in tho. only a few quid

shooter mcgavin

think i just need to tap it in a bit

Emmy Seize

My standard 1.9 setup looks the same and there is no oil dripping out, I just used a new seal.

However, I wonder if it is possible to tap the driveshaft in any further as I´ve got a strange knocking sound ever since I put the thing back together after a clutch change.

Dj_mini

There was a thread not so long ago about the gti6 box (some box's you need to use the uj from the 6 shaft) could it be the same problem with some xsara box's?

Miles

All the late boxes use the revised Diff which needs the 306 etc inner shaft/cup as it's touch and go if the 205/309 one will go far enough in to make a seal with the gearbox seal

Sign in to follow this