• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Wasted Valve Stems

Doof

I'm currently rebuilding my S16 engine ready for this summer and i'm going to take some bits to Shenpar for some work. Just wondering if its worth cutting back the stems on the standard S16 valves? Anyone experiemented with shapes of the back of the valve or the stem thickness? Should be a relatively cheap modification that should in theory increase flow nicely?

Any thoughts?

Lewis

Sandy

Usually a waste of time IMO. If you want thinner stems, you can use the later XU10 or RS head.

NColl
I'm currently rebuilding my S16 engine ready for this summer and i'm going to take some bits to Shenpar for some work. Just wondering if its worth cutting back the stems on the standard S16 valves? Anyone experiemented with shapes of the back of the valve or the stem thickness? Should be a relatively cheap modification that should in theory increase flow nicely?

Any thoughts?

Lewis

I have never seen a worthwhile increase in flow with a wasted stem. The shape of the back of the valve and the valve seat preperation on the valve and cylinder head would show a small increase in flow. Although i have never tested a wasted stem in a standard port, i have only tested wasted stems in modified ports. Any flow increase would only be marginal anyway.

NColl

Sign in to follow this