• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
paul_portsmouth

Phase 2 Rear Light Conversion

paul_portsmouth

i found the bit on the main site but i remeber there beeing a really long thread on it that i cant find anymore

it had a really good wire diagram on it

any one know the one im on about?

paul_portsmouth

no was a coloured line drawing like done in paint

Simes

If you use a phase 2 loom and replace the old one you shouldn't need the diagram. Also makes it nice and neat! :D

DaveW
If you use a phase 2 loom and replace the old one you shouldn't need the diagram. Also makes it nice and neat! :D

Yeah only thing with that you have to rip half the interior part to lay a loom...

paul_portsmouth

exactly

i remerber there beeing a coloured line drawing which was very self explanitroy

paul_portsmouth

yea i said i read that but in the long post there was an easier to understand pic

Simes
Yeah only thing with that you have to rip half the interior part to lay a loom...

A good job is worth taking time over!

Seriously though all you have to do is lift up the passenger side of the carpet.

DaveW

True but im a bodging bastard :)

pug_ham

I believe the topic you are looking for has gone since some of the topics older than 2006 were taken offline to aid the board running speed, search to work faster & the article went up on the main website :(

Graham.

paul_portsmouth

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

do you remeber the diagram i am on about

Simes

Yep, I think it was either drawn out by Perfecto Pug or Pugtorque. I had a reasonable amount of input on that thread also.

Seriously by the time you've sussed out what goes where you could have a phase 2 loom in place and less likely it catching fire than a modded phase one!!

:(;)

Edited by Simes

j_turnell

Agreed just get a complete phase2 loom, not that much hassle just take passenger seat out and lift up the carpet.

DaveW

Just write down the wire colours from 205gti.com, its very easy to do this conversion.

Sanchez

If you don't have a phase 2 loom is it possible to make one? Also if you install the phase 2 lights, do you also have to fit a reverse light where the reflector is?

welshpug

no, as the Reverse light isn't part of the MOT.

pug_ham
Seriously by the time you've sussed out what goes where you could have a phase 2 loom in place and less likely it catching fire than a modded phase one!!

Sorry Simon there is no viable claim that the phase 2 conversion done the way I do is any more likely to catch fire than any other plug in connector on the car.

See attached picture for the loom I currently make, the picture of my car on the article has been changed to the same connector as in the picture.

You don't cut any of the original phase 1 wiring so it is reversable in the less time it takes to do the swap.

If you don't have a phase 2 loom is it possible to make one?

Its easier to follow the guide on the main website & get the part of the loom you need from a scrapped car imo.

Graham.

post-71-1207051571_thumb.jpg

Simes
Sorry Simon there is no viable claim that the phase 2 conversion done the way I do is any more likely to catch fire than any other plug in connector on the car.

A bit tongue in cheek originally, but not everyone makes looms as nicely as you. (spelt: PVC tape and badly terminated ends)

Jrod
A bit tongue in cheek originally, but not everyone makes looms as nicely as you. (spelt: PVC tape and badly terminated ends)

Dont you mean twisting the wire up? :)

Sign in to follow this