• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damo

Emissions - Co2

damo

after changing the fuel filter my emissions are back up to around 2.1 from 0.19!! Blocked filter it looks to have been.

Anyway some books say 1.5 for the co2 and the guy at the garage says it should be 2.5 ?

Can anyone help?

Edited by damo

paul205mi16

I'm also interested as opinions seem to vary a fair bit from what I have heard so far.

both for standard and non-standrad cars/GTI/Mi16/GTI6 maybe, And whould be nice to know why in some cases.

Paul.

McDude

CO (Carbon Monoxide) is measured not CO2 (Carbon Dioxide)

For cars first used between 01/08/86 and 31/07/92 is is 3.5%

For cars first used between 01/08/92 and 31/07/94 it is 0.3% - cat 205s basically

I think you are getting confused with your gases because none of the numbers you quote add up. Are you talking about Lambda which is sometimes refered to as O2? Much above 1.5 and the assumption is that you catalyst is toast or not toasty enough to be working - if you have a cat car.

There are HC limits too - just type MOT emissions into google and you will get the data you need.

Simes

Either way the MOT tester is allowed to raise the rpm up to 2000 to get it through the test.

My HC are 4000 at 1000rpm or 150 at 2000rpm. :D

Sign in to follow this