• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shooter mcgavin

Plumbing In Gti6 Heat Exchanger To 205 Rad

shooter mcgavin

this is the last hose i have to sort out and not really sure how to go about it

where does it go and how do you go about joining it up

DSCF0137.jpg

as for the top rad hose i was going to cut the end of the 6 hose and sleave the bend from the 205 pipe on,is there a better way to hook up the top hose

cheers

tom_m
this is the last hose i have to sort out and not really sure how to go about it

where does it go and how do you go about joining it up

DSCF0137.jpg

as for the top rad hose i was going to cut the end of the 6 hose and sleave the bend from the 205 pipe on,is there a better way to hook up the top hose

cheers

if you get teh top rad hose from a power steering 205 it will have the double t in for the heat exchanger loop in, this is how the 205s were plumbed with the factory heat exchanger

Miles

Don't bother using it and take the heat exchanger off, Makes it easier to change the filter too, Or if you do want to keep it a 309 top hose has lpng tails as the 309 uses the exchanger in the same place

whizzer71

Or get a BX bottom hose which has a take off on it which you can use to plumb the heat exchanger in to,personally I would take it off and launch it as far as you can though and fit a proper mocal oil cooler on it or something along those lines.

My last 6 had the oil filter straight on the block with no cooler at all and while it was fine in every day driving the minute you started getting you foot down or got out on the track the oil temp seemed to climb fairly rapidly !

:blush:

CaptainK
Don't bother using it and take the heat exchanger off, Makes it easier to change the filter too,

I encountered that problem on my new GTi6 205. Was a pain trying to get the oil filter off.

c_r_thomson

Just so i get this right. This engine uses a heat exchanger for the the oil with the coolant? Can i fit the sandwich plate from my old block and plumb in the old oil cooler?

Craig

welshpug
Just so i get this right. This engine uses a heat exchanger for the the oil with the coolant? Can i fit the sandwich plate from my old block and plumb in the old oil cooler?

Craig

yes :lol:

c_r_thomson

Ahhh a good answer :lol:

welshpug

you would need a different top hose to the normal gti6 one (standard 8v top hose), and a way of connecting it to the thermostat housing, exactly what the adapter in 205turbo's group buy is intended for :lol:

jonnie205

throw it away and screw filter straight to engine, if you struggle with oil temp on track fit a mocal

whizzer71
throw it away and screw filter straight to engine, if you struggle with oil temp on track fit a mocal

Exactly what I said ,You can use the original one from the 8v engine but the hoses arent long enough to reach so you'll have to get them extended,best thing to do is launch it all in the bin and go for a Mocal set up !

:lol:

shooter mcgavin

think thats what i'do

so to screw the filter back on untill i get a proper cooler what do i need just the threaded bit from a 306 with just a filter no cooler?

looks like it s back to the breakers at the weekend :)

whizzer71
think thats what i'do

so to screw the filter back on untill i get a proper cooler what do i need just the threaded bit from a 306 with just a filter no cooler?

looks like it s back to the breakers at the weekend :)

Just unwind the stub out of your old 1.9 engine (assuming you still have it of course ?)

:unsure:

Alastairh

Agreed.

tom_m
Just unwind the stub out of your old 1.9 engine (assuming you still have it of course ?)

:angry:

:) have ever tried to do that? :unsure:

Alastairh

Tap a T55 torx bit in and undo :)

whizzer71
Tap a T55 torx bit in and undo :D

Exactly !

:D

tom_m
Tap a T55 torx bit in and undo :)

:D could have told me earlier! bloody internet mechanics! :D

Alastairh

You can talk boyo.

Isn't it about time you stop making up excuses (personally i thought the latest, i chipped a nail was a bit lame) and get on building that Wurbo.

I want to see what 270 Bhp turbo charged power is like in a non lardy shell.

Al

Edited by Alastairh

shooter mcgavin

even tho the 205 ha an oil cooler??

i have keep all the bits so will have a look tonight

Sign in to follow this